Trolling motor died

All things having to do with boats, trailers, engines, electronics and accessories.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

rocket
Site Sponsor

Trolling motor died

Post by rocket »

24v Riptide just stopped this weekend. It went from running fine to nothing. Recharged batteries (even tho they were not completely discharged) and still nothing.
Only thing out of the ordinary is when I got home cleaning the boat I noticed all the holes (vent and screw) were completely filled in by dirt dobbers. Maybe it got hot, but it never felt or smelled hot.
Any ideas?
Stay Thirsty My Friends
topheavy

Re: Trolling motor died

Post by topheavy »

In-line fuse/breaker?
rocket
Site Sponsor

Post by rocket »

I'm pretty sure it is straight wired.
Stay Thirsty My Friends
rocket
Site Sponsor

Post by rocket »

Wasn't there a guy how picked up trollers from Gulf Coast Lumber ad repaired them?
Gulf Coast, where u at?
Stay Thirsty My Friends
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Post by Steve Stinson »

There is a guy in Attapulgus, Ga. that repairs them - Up US-27 just across the State Line.

Bill Neal will also repair it at Trolling Motor Repair Center in Tallahassee.

If that doesn't work, I have a 24 V Riptide bowmount, hand controlled motor in my shed I would be willing to part with. Bill N. put a speed control switch in it a while back and I have not run it since it came out of the shop. (I found a Minn Kota I-pilot that I purchased while this one was being repaired).

Steve Stinson
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

The guy in atapulgus is russ at R&R ((229) 465-3044). They fixed my old tm a few times. Quick turnaround and good price. Could be the board. Hopefully not having a breaker didn't screw you, minn Kota thinks they ( and the right size) are very important. Good luck
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
Ebryant

Post by Ebryant »

I had the same problem. Follow the positive line to the battery. there's probably a in-line breaker before it reaches the battery. Mine was bad. Cheap fix.