92.6lbs. Knock Knock..

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

FishWithChris

92.6lbs. Knock Knock..

Post by FishWithChris »

...Who's there?

BIG CHOBIAAAAAAAAAAAA

Not everyone gets over to the other forum(s) often, but figured I'd share what our panhandle friends are pulling up right now. Get ready!

92.6lbs

Here's the story, "PanhandlePoon on FSF"
Conditions were shaping up to be a banner Cobia day, light southeast winds and not a cloud in the sky. I had the pleasure of fishing with my best friend and favorite fishing partner Jonathan "Goody" Goodhart. Jonathan spotted what we thought was one fish (turned out to be a wad of five) about two hundred yards off our offshore side. We approached the fish and fired baits into the wad, one eel balled up while I hooked the second biggest fish. Luckily all the fish stayed together so Jonathan hopped out of the tower and re-rigged. With the fish still down and out of sight, Jonathan dropped the eel over the side and the big one ate it, pulled drag for about five seconds and spit the hook. Jonathan free spooled his bait, and she ate a second time. 25 minutes later she's in the boat. She ended up weighing 92.6 on the scale at Harborwalk Marina. The other fish (65+) which any other day would have tons of pictures taken of it, was totally ignored lol.Both fish were caught on my 22' Cape Horn bay series with a 4' Tarpon tower.
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

Image Image Image
Hit-n-Miss

92.6lbs. Knock Knock..

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

Beast

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
neckmoe

Re: 92.6lbs. Knock Knock..

Post by neckmoe »

other forums?
I don't know when I'm gonna catch my next fish but I know when I do it's gonna be awesome!
jsaunders

Post by jsaunders »

What a stud! I'd love to hook into one like that on one of my 4000 size spinning setups.
2008 Kenner 21v
2008 Honda 150 4 stroke
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Post by DixieReb »

I didn't know they got that big! Dang-a-mighty!! :o
Yours in the South
Bubba_1122

Post by Bubba_1122 »

Just wow!