Used Motors

All things having to do with boats, trailers, engines, electronics and accessories.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

pastorterry

Used Motors

Post by pastorterry »

I am looking for some places that deal in used outboards.
5 Happy is he who has the God of Jacob for his help, Whose hope is in the Lord his God,
6 Who made heaven and earth, The sea, and all that is in them; Who keeps truth forever, Psalms146:5-6 (NKJV)
TomParis
Site Sponsor

Re: Used Motors

Post by TomParis »

The only place that I know of around here, is Sheilds Marina in St Marks. I am sure there are others closer to you though.

BTW I like that verse on your profile!
1976 Seacraft 20' MA
DAWG FAN

Post by DAWG FAN »

Check with Perry Sports Center in Perry, Ga. They usually have some. I bought a 2 year old motor from them a couple years ago that was brand new and got a deep discount. It was one they had taken off another showroom boat because the buyer wanted something different. They had several like that and some used ones.
2012 Sea Fox 200XT-SOLD
2003 16' Sundance Skiff
2013 40 HP Mercury Bigfoot
2017 Sea Fox XTS Viper
2017 150hp Yamaha SHO
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Yes, Shields has some pre-owned in inventory. They are closed on non-holiday Mondays. 850-925-6158

What size of outboard are you looking for? Unless Blue Spinner has pulled the trigger, Killswitch still has a gently-used 90 Yamaha 2-S for sale, listed on here.
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
pastorterry

Post by pastorterry »

THanks for the input. I am looking for a 60-75 older motor. If a begger could be a chooser I would want a late 80 to early 90 omc to to build if necessary. Thanks for the input!
5 Happy is he who has the God of Jacob for his help, Whose hope is in the Lord his God,
6 Who made heaven and earth, The sea, and all that is in them; Who keeps truth forever, Psalms146:5-6 (NKJV)
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

If anyone around here would have your dream engine, it would be Shields. They've been an Evinrude dealer for 50+ years. :thumbup:
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
Baknaction

Post by Baknaction »

For older Johnson & Evinrude outboard motors check with Mr. Bellamy in Thomasville, Ga. "Bellamy's Boat Shop", 229-226-3267. He has been in business a long time. May have what you can use.