Horshoe Beach Fish and Scallops

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Will In The Wild

Horshoe Beach Fish and Scallops

Post by Will In The Wild »

I am a couple of weeks late on posting about our trip to Horseshoe beach. It was my first time there and was certainly a learning experience. The water is not as clear as I am used to. We were never able to get on the fish. I did catch a nice 22" trout and my buddy caught a fish we had never seen before. We rode up to peppperfish to scallop. We had no problem finding them there. It was a great trip to a cool little town. It was fun to try out a little different area. There is an awesome place to watch the sunset there if you are in to that kind of thing. I am posting the link to my YouTube video below. Check it out to see what the mystery fish was.

https://youtu.be/dWDEBj_HU8s
TXnGA

Re: Horshoe Beach Fish and Scallops

Post by TXnGA »

That mystery fish looks to be a lizardfish. Catch a lot of them down around Tampa
fishdux

Post by fishdux »

Nice video! As already noted, the fish is a lizardfish. We get them on a regular basis out of St Marks.
Will In The Wild

Post by Will In The Wild »

Thank you! We googled it later and figured out that it was a Lizardfish. Have been fishing the KB area since I was a kid and this was the first time that I have caught one. It was exciting on a day of few fish.