Enconfina Sat

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Redfin
Site Sponsor

Enconfina Sat

Post by Redfin »

Hit the water at 6:30 am. Could tell by the humidity we were in for a hot one. Worked the edges near my hole, but due to 3 other boats sittin too close to it had to work around for a bit. Boated 3 reds in the next 2 hours in that area (15, 20, 20). Caught on my favorite Skitterwallks. One on a gold spoon. Headed to Rock Island way and picked up another slot on a gold Red fin. (20) Water temp at 88 mid morning. While easing up to Hickory, a school of reds ran right under the boat. Easily 150-200 fish. Amazing site. Hit 3 on the nose with a spoon but no takers. Still kool to see. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Saw lots of mullet but my buddy could only castnet 1 of em'. Come to think of it, he couldnt catch any Reds either (Me-4, him-0...:lol: )... Its been a while since I cleaned a mullet, but do thier guts always look like solid black mudd? I waasnt suer so I pitched him...
CM
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

Sounds like the reds are a roaming....Nice report..Not sure about the mullet.... :thumbup:
trout fisher
Site Sponsor

Post by trout fisher »

Nice! I bet that was a kewl sight to behold. Yes on the mullet. Mullet have gizzards. They use the dirt to grind their food, helps in digestion. They are full of mud....at least all the ones I've cleaned are. Nothing quite like a fried mullet and an ice cold Natural Light. 8)