Need a little Forum help

All things having to do with boats, trailers, engines, electronics and accessories.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

wevans
Site Sponsor

Need a little Forum help

Post by wevans »

Mike's Marine has had my boat "G3 pro 175" for a month and a half now and G3 just picked it up yesterday ta take it to the factory to "inspect" it and determine if it needs to be replaced :( It has pin holes in the transom and two cracks in the hull "welded aluminum" :o The boat is just over 2 years old and has a 10 year hull warrenty! I would like to ask ya'll to "just in passing" ask them WHAT'S THE DILL WITH THE SOPCHOPPY REDNECK :-D I need these fellas to start taking this thing a little more serious than they have thus far :hammer: I know that there is a limited amount of things that Mike's can do with Yamaha, but I feel that they need to put a little more presure on them to get this resolved, and I beleive a little questioning from forum members would give them that extra incintive :thumbup: I thank those who will get involved and understand them that don't wont to :beer: :beer:
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
Tidedancer
Site Sponsor

Post by Tidedancer »

What would you have us do here.
if you need support we are with you.

Give us some instructions.
Atticus
Site Sponsor

Post by Atticus »

Maybe get 'someone' to write you a nasty letter ;-)
mjsigns
Site Sponsor

Post by mjsigns »

Maybe get 'someone' to write you a nasty letter
Atticus- aint you the attourney here? I figure you gots the know hows.
I really feel for wevans, and I hate to hear about a warranty that is being ignored.... Wevans.. did you buy the boat at Mike's? If so, they should be responsible for upholding the Yammaha end of the promise...

My experience at Mike's Marine started back in April, I went to there and almost bought a G3, but they would not negotiate on their price. a week before I went there, I found the identical G3 in Marirana for $1,000.00 less (no bull), and Mike's said," go and buy it from them" because, "We can't sell that boat at that price and make a profit". I left there with a sour feeling in my stomach. I mean they didn't even bother to counter offer. Now with all that is going on with wevans boat, I am glad I didn't do business with Mike's Marine..

Wevans- Contact Yamaha and explain your experience to them, and give them a chance to make things right. Writ em or call em or both. You have nothing else to loose.

Yamaha Motor Corporation, USA
1270 Chastain Road Northwest
Kennesaw, GA 30144

Outboard Customer Relations
Exclusively for Outboards
(866) 894-1626

Get Em wevans-

MJ
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

On question number one "TD" Just ask them about the boat, let them KNOW that others are interested in this situation :thumbup:

On number two "MJ" I have contacted G3/Yamaha and was told that all things went through their dealer :evil: if it drags on much longer, I will get their attention though :-D

The main thing here is to let them know that I am not the only one conserned about the way this matter is handled and that they could loose credibility due to it !
Thanks for the support guys :beer: :beer:
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
Tidedancer
Site Sponsor

Post by Tidedancer »

Does Yammie own G3?
Ken K
Site Sponsor

Post by Ken K »

Hopefully now that G3 has finally picked up the boat they will move forward.
Are you going to be satisfied if they weld it back together and say "good as new"?

I had a similar experience to mjsigns with (trying) to buy a boat from Mike's two or three years ago. I had the fever something bad and if they would have moved $100 off their first price I probably would have written a check.
Ken
Atticus
Site Sponsor

Post by Atticus »

Tidedancer wrote:Does Yammie own G3?

Affirmative
Last edited by Atticus on September 21st, 2004, 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EddieJoe

Re: Need a little Forum help

Post by EddieJoe »

wevans wrote:Mike's Marine has had my boat "G3 pro 175" for a month and a half now and G3 just picked it up yesterday ta take it to the factory to "inspect" it and determine if it needs to be replaced :( It has pin holes in the transom and two cracks in the hull "welded aluminum" :o The boat is just over 2 years old and has a 10 year hull warrenty! I would like to ask ya'll to "just in passing" ask them WHAT'S THE DILL WITH THE SOPCHOPPY REDNECK :-D I need these fellas to start taking this thing a little more serious than they have thus far :hammer: I know that there is a limited amount of things that Mike's can do with Yamaha, but I feel that they need to put a little more presure on them to get this resolved, and I beleive a little questioning from forum members would give them that extra incintive :thumbup: I thank those who will get involved and understand them that don't wont to :beer: :beer:
Wevans:

What does Yamaha have to do with the boat?

EJ
Atticus
Site Sponsor

Post by Atticus »

EJ- Yammie folks own G3 that is my understanding.

Anyhow-
I am in the market for an aluminum boat. Think I'm lying? Check out these threads-

http://www.bigbendfishing.net/phpbb/vie ... highlight=

http://www.bigbendfishing.net/phpbb/vie ... highlight=

I kind of like the Alumacraft which comes with a Yammie but I can always go and get that Xpress which means I don't have to drive down to Perry and it also means no Yamaha.

http://www.xpressboats.com/x18b.html

Wevans is the guy I PM about aluminum boats and about fishing as well so I will keep a keen eye on how this situation gets resolved. If he gets a run around I'll expect the same in the future and that will just steer me away from doing business with the Yamaha folks.
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

Yamaha owns about 95% of everything on a G3 when you buy it :o I figured with their rep with motors that I couldn't go wrong :-? Maybe they just need a little training in the boat biz ta get em on the right track :wink: :thumbup: :beer: I do want say that I still have a great deal of confidence "though my wife don't' in Mike's doing me right 8) I just do not think that it should have taken this amount of time to get G3 to do what's right!!
On a side note, Mike Jr. took pics of all the damage to the factory 2 weeks ago when he went for training and felt that they would replace the boat just from the pics :thumbup: they didn't agree with him apparently :evil:
Tidedancer
Site Sponsor

Post by Tidedancer »

You may try to get in touch with the Yammie district sales manager for the panhandle and see where you can go to air your feelings on how this warranty has been handled so far.
6 weeks is a long time for a boat to sit.
What if you were a comerical fisherman or guide and needed this boat to support your family and little johny that needs an operation.
I would call the state capital and see if there is an office for consummer complaints.
dstockwell

Post by dstockwell »

Well I guess if I ever get over that direction I will have asks them. "You know this fella Waldon, he is having a hissy that you all are takin your sweet time on the Sopchoppy Redneck" Think that will help. :o :-D
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

Why sure it will Don, just don't tell em that ya come from Calliforny :wink: :-D
Thanks for the support and avice ya'll :thumbup: :beer:
SALTSHAKER

Post by SALTSHAKER »

Ok, ALL forum members need to call and ask for a warranty (case contact) to be opened.. This will start a process within Yamaha that each dist. rep. gets a copy of the # of calls, and customer conserns. They have to report back to the head cheese on progress. and the dealer is contacted as to the stat. of each case ..... IT GETS THE BALL ROLLING.....
1st call 1-800-588-9787, Yamaha warrt. cust. asst.
2nd call 1-800-588-9787 X-131,, G3 warrt cust. asst,
3rd call 850-984-5637, Mike's ,, call mike daily and ask for a status update,