air pressure???

All things having to do with boats, trailers, engines, electronics and accessories.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

craSSh

air pressure???

Post by craSSh »

What pressure are you guys running on your trailers? My tires say "50 psi cold". I have an 18ft. cc with a 155hp, if this makes a difference.
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

I run what the tire calls for and adjust it down if I see to much wear in the center of the tire :-D
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
RC
Site Sponsor

Post by RC »

What he said
Wheresthefish
Site Sponsor

Post by Wheresthefish »

I am attaching a chart to a link I used. I don't claim to be an expert :-? but it did catch my attention last summer.

It seems to say that tire pressure is a function of the size of the tire and the weight of the boat. I use ST215/75/R14 tires and my boat is 1650 lbs per tire so the chart says the tire pressure should be 45 psi. The max stated on my tires is 50 but because of the load they recommend less. In fact, if my boat were only 1100 lbs per tire they only recommend 20 psi.

Like I said, I am not an expert so whatever works, but, this is worth a check. This is a Goodyear site and you are opening a PDF file that is 1.8MB :smt024

http://www.goodyear.com/rv/pdf/rv_inflation.pdf