Can we just all get

Use this area to post offshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

bstockwell

Can we just all get

Post by bstockwell »

An offshore report
EddieJoe

Re: Can we just all get

Post by EddieJoe »

bstockwell wrote:An offshore report
Going tomorrow.

EJ
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

Offshore is WET and tends to get DEEPER as you go further out :smt005 :-D :beer:
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
big bend gyrene

Bad news - dead fish, dead fish, and more dead fish...

Post by big bend gyrene »

Inshore action out to about five miles was great today. Active baitfish and plenty of feeding going on. Offshore, entirely different story. From about five miles out to marker 24 I saw nothing but dead fish today. More than I hope to see ever again. :smt010 Spaced at about 10 feet apart until near the marker 24 area, where they were more closely packed together - about 3 feet apart. Could smell the scent of decay at marker 24. Wish I had better news to report. Watched one boat after another stop and curse the red tide before moving on. Few of us out there tried fishing ... didn't see anyone get a bite and didn't see any sign of baitfish or feeding at all until getting skinny again on the way back in. Frenzied school of jacks inshore helped ease a little of the painful offshore experience :-) but am seriously concerned how long it will take the offshore areas to recover :(
"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank GOD for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945