Lake Hall

Use this area to post freshwater fishing reports from the area lakes and rivers. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

basstired
Site Sponsor

Lake Hall

Post by basstired »

Before the cold front last week, I went down to the lake with two hours before dark. There is a hiking trail on the right side that skirts the lake. I decided to put on the wading boots and make my own trail down there along the edge. I think the reptiles are still a little groggy. If I see a snake , no problem I'll snatch him up and put a hook in him. My buddy says you can't catch bass topwater in that lake. I guess because it's like a big deep bowl. I had to see for myself. :)
I pitched a toad for a while and nothing. Put on a tiny torpedo and I was running out of time. I was also trying out that Fireline crystal. It stays up good for topwater and does seem to disappear at about a foot down. Fluro-braid? :-?
Anyway, if you can't get them to come up to feed the next thing to do is make them mad. I put on a a yellow and white buzz-bait. Now if a big fly buzzes through the room, the first time you notice it, the second time you get annoyed, the third time you smack it. On the third cast, I just about had it back when boom a big fish smacked it. I hooked her up, I could feel it, big fish. Then she snatched it right off my uni-knot. Careless knot, five maybe four wraps, in the dusk without my glasses and I forgot to wet it down. Could have been the biggest bass I ever missed. :smt009
After cringing about it a few hours, I realized, if you don't give her a lick you'll lose her. :lick: I did put on a worm after that and caught a couple 1 1/2 ers. so it goes
Wanted: Cute gal who loves to fish:
Send picture of boat
Castaway

Post by Castaway »

Thats a bad feeling when you finally get a shot at one of those bigguns and she gets away :smt013 Atleast you managed to catch a couple :thumbup:
GoneFishin

Post by GoneFishin »

where do they bite at on hall and what have yall been using??...me and a couple buddies fished it last week getting most fish on red shad texas rig but they were all smalls...anyone got any tips?? it looks like itd be a fun lake to learn to fish...
"Who ever invented work didn't know how to fish."
basstired
Site Sponsor

Post by basstired »

Straight out from the boat ramp, you see that house and dock. At about 2o'clock from there, there is a ledge and drop to about 20 ft. Around the northwest side over by the Gazebo is suppose to be productive. I've caught most fish, slow fishing a Senko worm like a jig. The juvenile fish will scarf up most baits first. The bigger the bait, the bigger the catch. Check out the post and pictures of the guys shiner fishing. If you can get some lake shiner 6 to 10 " that will bring out big fish
Wanted: Cute gal who loves to fish:
Send picture of boat