Shell Island Fish Camp

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Chili Man

Shell Island Fish Camp

Post by Chili Man »

I heard rumor they were considering a sale to some development company looking to put up condos/apartments and some retail. Any of you heard this?
Dubble Trubble
Site Sponsor

Post by Dubble Trubble »

Have not heard of it, but it would not surprise me one bit. Land values on the coast have made a lot of folks sell rather than stay and try to make a living.

I imagine they could live on the interest from the money very comfortably if they sell it.

Sad, but the way it is...we already dodged a bullet with that massive thing at Keyton being nixed....but I bet it ain't over yet. Money can buy a lot of politicians......

Dubble :smt011
The more I know about something, the more I know that I did not know as much as I thought I knew that I knew.
What a mess

Post by What a mess »

That is an unfair characterization.

Money will never buy a politician, it only rents them when the offer goes up they almost always change sides.

It is not justice, it is "just us!"

If you have the $$$$ you are us. if you don't you aren't.
Yesterday it was taboo today it is normal what the heck will they be doing tomorrow?
TallyFish

Post by TallyFish »

What a Mess,
Too good and too true! Very well put.
Soccerdad

Post by Soccerdad »

You should not be so disrespectful of our elected officials. Yes - the Democrats are liars, cheats and theives. Yes - the Rupublicans are snakes, burglers and predators. Yes - the Independants are greedy, obnoxious and corrupt to the bone. But that's just the ones that are alive. Just the ones that are in office. Just the ones that make decisions. Just the ones that have pockets to line. ;-)
If there's no soccer (or fishing) in heaven - I'm not going!
rocket
Site Sponsor

Post by rocket »

It's hard to imagine that someone is still in the market to "develop" part of the forgotten coast. Although that place holds the heart of many a Georgian. I pulled through there during Georgia's spring break earlier this year, and it looked like a kicked over ant hill :-D
Truthfully if the property was bought for a decent price, and an "affordable/sensible" coastal development (if there is such a thing)was established it might work.
I just as soon see it stay the same.
Stay Thirsty My Friends
ak man

Post by ak man »

Rocket, I guess it probably looked liked a Leesburg, GA gas station on opening morning of deer season.....nothin' but Florida license plates. :smt005
tact is for people not witty enough to be sarcastic
RHTFISH
Site Sponsor

Post by RHTFISH »

It's been on the market by the Hobbs for 3 or more years now.
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.
Reel Cowboy
Site Sponsor

Post by Reel Cowboy »

Soccerdad wrote:You should not be so disrespectful of our elected officials. Yes - the Democrats are liars, cheats and theives. Yes - the Rupublicans are snakes, burglers and predators. Yes - the Independants are greedy, obnoxious and corrupt to the bone. But that's just the ones that are alive. Just the ones that are in office. Just the ones that make decisions. Just the ones that have pockets to line. ;-)
As George Carlin once said, "The only people who have any right to complain about the state of politics is the paople that don't vote. Because they had no hand in putting these folks in office". But then agian, I vote.
In the words of the great Doc Holliday, "I'll be your huckleberry"