Take that Teresea Earnhardt

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

birddog
Site Sponsor

Post by birddog »

Reel Cowboy wrote: but then again I'm a 48 fan.
That splains a lot. :wink: :lol:
GULP! free since 1970.
Reel Cowboy
Site Sponsor

Post by Reel Cowboy »

birddog wrote:
Ain't you got a boat to break in or something. :wink:
In the words of the great Doc Holliday, "I'll be your huckleberry"
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

PinFishKing wrote:Something to think about.....

What are all the #8 fans going to say when Hendricks hires Junior and puts him as Gordon and Johnson's teammate?
The Three Musketeers :o

Gordon = 24
Jimmie = 48
Dale Jr.= 72 :lol:

Let's hear it for Dale Jr in the Budweiser #72 :lol:
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

Ty one on wrote:What about all of those #8 tattoos. :smt005
I knew eventually, someone would think of a truly serious problem from Jr leaving DEI :smt005 :smt005
birddog
Site Sponsor

Post by birddog »

Chalk wrote:

What are all the #8 fans going to say when Hendricks hires Junior and puts him as Gordon and Johnson's teammate?

Gordon = 24
Jimmie = 48

It'll never happen. 8)
GULP! free since 1970.
birddog
Site Sponsor

Post by birddog »

Reel Cowboy wrote:
birddog wrote:
Ain't you got a boat to break in or something. :wink:
:lol: :lol: :thumbup:
GULP! free since 1970.
rocket
Site Sponsor

Post by rocket »

You must never utter those words again. Promise me... :-D
Stay Thirsty My Friends
birddog
Site Sponsor

Post by birddog »

rocket wrote:

You must never utter those words again. Promise me... :-D
Amen. :lol:
GULP! free since 1970.
Browning Slayer
Site Sponsor

Post by Browning Slayer »

CrispyFishin wrote:If I was a betting man, I'd say Junior ends up with RCR. Will it be the #3 Budweiser Chevy or the #8? That's the question.

Other possibility would be that JR Motorsports turns into a Cup team. But, that would mean Jr. would have to focus on owning, and not necesarily winning (take Michael Waltrip for example, and how well that deal is working out).

Anywho.. happy racing and go #48
Don't forget about Gibbs racing.. They also have an open door for an extra team. Theresa is an idiot for letting this happen. She's not an good owner, never comes to the track.. I think Harvick said it best "Deadbeat owner".. Dale will be able to pick where he goes with all the sponsor money and fan base behind him.
Dale wouldn't worry about owning if the JR motorsports deal did happen. His sister Kelly runs that show. But I "really" don't think that is going to happen.
And Michael, well he's driving a Toyota.. Enough said on that one.. And if not for DEI and a couple of wins what would he be known for anyone except DW's little brother..
If there's not a life after fishing, I don't want to live it.....
CATCH 22

Post by CATCH 22 »

Chalk wrote:

Gordon = 24
Jimmie = 48

Too many egos already there, but then again it would offer him his best chance for the Cup, IMO
You’ve reached middle age when all you exercise is caution.
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

Richard Childress expressed interest on the Busch race last night.
rocket
Site Sponsor

Post by rocket »

Sharks R Us wrote:Don't forget about Gibbs racing.. They also have an open door for an extra team.
Gibbs won't have an alcohol related sponsor, and Bud is going where ever Jr goes.
24 hrs ago Fox Sports reported Jr and RCR had a deal for him to drive the #3 or #33. Even went as far as reporting Childress was holding a press conference at Darlington. When I got home from work, they reported Childress was denying any deal. Childress even said last night he ws giving Jr time to make his own decision.
RCR makes the most sense, but I think Jr is impressed with Hendrecks success the last two years. He my explore a satellite team, where Hendricks supplies the engines. Kind of like Mike Martin at Ginn racing.
In the end RCR makes the most sense, and I hope that is where he ends up. In a couple of years when DEI goes up for sale, he can buy it for a lot less than the $55 million that Teresa was going to sell him (51%)!
Stay Thirsty My Friends
RD
Site Sponsor

Post by RD »

He ain't left DEI yet,she will probably give in soon,but then again she may want to try to find a driver that can do more than win a few RP races,one that was a obvious fix.
catchin1

Post by catchin1 »

This is a two way street, Teresa lost a money-maker, but pressure is on Jr. now. All he's said of late is he needs a team committed to championships, well without a doubt he'll land at such a team, then when having said equipment, he'll have to "drive" that car to a championship.
We'll see.
redfisher2424

Post by redfisher2424 »

Jr has already stated there is no going back now. He has made his mind up and leaving DEI no matter what they offer. They have had plenty of time he said to make a deal. Being a Gordon fan I wouldnt mind him being at Hendrick but what would his fans think. Most I know say they would cheer for other drivers. There is no lock for Bud sponsoring next year so dont forget about Gibbs racing just yet. Bud has a option leave with Jr. but would still owe DEI money for breaking the contract early which is in the hundreads of millions. So dont expect Bud to jump ship especially with Visa said to offer more than Bud. The bidding war will be interesting. Expect to be the largest deal for a driver ever. May surprise us who is sponsor is next year, maybe somebody we have never heard of.