No Wake zone at the Fort.

All things having to do with boats, trailers, engines, electronics and accessories.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

mojokoko

No Wake zone at the Fort.

Post by mojokoko »

I have noticed that almost nobody obeys by the no wake zone at the fort anymore. Is there anyway to get the FWC to patrol that area? They could make a killing out there in fines. I must have seen like over 50 or 60 boats the past 2 weeks that have just hauled ass right through the no wake zone.
I don't mean to be a kill joy but people are just running right through it at full speed.
Nathan
Site Sponsor

Post by Nathan »

*FWC on any cell phone and you can report it. You can also report it at Report Wildlife Violations

Nathan
RD
Site Sponsor

Post by RD »

Are they running by the ramp like that or up the Wakulla?
tin can
Site Sponsor

Post by tin can »

I was down there Friday afternoon. A large offshore boat launched ahead of me. As I was launching, the offshore boat shoved off of the dock, pointed it toward the gulf, and hammered down 50 feet from the dock. Two more boats came running down the river from Shields. They never slowed down. The problem is getting worse.
What was I supposed to do today?
bman

Post by bman »

That is one of the few areas I get stopped by the man regularly.
I asked once and they use St.Marks as a training area so there are more officers there than almost anywhere....

Maybe they need to run a sting in the no wake zone!
Barry Bevis, Realtor and Owner of BigBendFishing.net
I liked it so much, I bought the company ;-)

http://www.bevisrealty.com
TEAM "Duck Season!"
RD
Site Sponsor

Post by RD »

Fwc patrolls that area a lot,these people will cuss at you if you went by Shields like that,I don't have a big problem with somebody taking off from the ramp going out,the new no wake zone is silly anyway, having to idle around the corner or if coming out of the Wakulla slowing down for 200 yards for no reason
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

Coming out of Wakulla NWZ is primarily to keep 2 boats colliding when 1 is hauling ass out of The Fort Ramp.
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
Atticus
Site Sponsor

Post by Atticus »

I don't know what else they can do. FWC is crawling all over that intersection almost every weekend.
RD
Site Sponsor

Post by RD »

Jumptrout51 wrote:Coming out of Wakulla NWZ is primarily to keep 2 boats colliding when 1 is hauling ass out of The Fort Ramp.
:roll: You are right and it would happen too.