You probably can't get there from here ...

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Soccerdad

You probably can't get there from here ...

Post by Soccerdad »

You probably can't get there from here ... but I'm wondering .. and especially wondering from you guys up near Thomasville. where do you all tend to go and how do you get there?

For me to go to gulf I first make the pilgrimmage to Holy Thomasville (and genuflect to the mighty Remington Park soccer fields), and then head down through Monticello to Capps and turn left. Aucilla and Achin'Fanny are the closest spots .. then Spring Warrior and Keaton and Steinhatchee way on down.

But I wonder if it's just as easy (and fast) to turn right in Monticello and head over to the Lighthouse .. or even to take (? is it ?) 59 down to 98 when going to the Aucilla .. does that keep you off that miserable road (257 then 14) out of Lamont?

Or maybe you can't get there from here afterall :cry:
If there's no soccer (or fishing) in heaven - I'm not going!
pops
Site Sponsor

Post by pops »

i am not from thomasville, but if you dont want to go the dirt road off 257 in lamont,
turn to the right in capps go to waukennah take 259 to wacissa turn left at the 4 way stop go to sr 59 to us 98, turn left for aucilla and encofina or turn right for st marks.
GO GATORS!!
If it does not meet your standards, Lower your standards!!
RC
Site Sponsor

Post by RC »

pops wrote:i am not from thomasville, but if you dont want to go the dirt road off 257 in lamont,
turn to the right in capps go to waukennah take 259 to wacissa turn left at the 4 way stop go to sr 59 to us 98, turn left for aucilla and encofina or turn right for st marks.
That's the way I go to Econfina, Aucilla or St. Marks.

Went that dirt road once. Never again!
sundown
Site Sponsor

Post by sundown »

I live in Albany and I usually alway go to Monticello and turn right to Waukenah to Wacissa...From there over to 98 and a right to St Marks or a left to Enconfina...
Been doing this for years...sometimes if Its early enough I may go through Tallahassee but not often..
I went that dirt road one time about ten years or so ago but never agin !
Redbelly
Site Sponsor

Post by Redbelly »

Monticello-Waukeenah-Wacissa-98 from there turn right or left and go fishing! :D
Work 2 fish 4 days

1988 vintage 1436 Fisher Jon
1992 vintage 15 hp Merc
Reel Cowboy
Site Sponsor

Post by Reel Cowboy »

Redbelly wrote:Monticello-Waukeenah-Wacissa-98 from there turn right or left and go fishing! :D
That's the way I would go. :thumbup:
In the words of the great Doc Holliday, "I'll be your huckleberry"
grim reeler

Post by grim reeler »

sundown wrote: Been doing this for years...sometimes if Its early enough I may go through Tallahassee but not often..
Tallahassee is ok if you take a left at Bradfordville road (just past the Target north of town) and follow that road (the road changes names several times - roberts/crump/chaires crossroad/ww kelly) until you hit Tram road, take a left to Wacissa then a right to 59, but going through town isn't ever worth it. Turning off Chaires crossroad onto US27 to get to 59 is also an option.
Soccerdad

Post by Soccerdad »

Thank you gentlemen. May I call you that? ;-)
If there's no soccer (or fishing) in heaven - I'm not going!
birddog
Site Sponsor

Post by birddog »

Only a couple of 'em. :wink: :lol:
GULP! free since 1970.
ab7bear

Post by ab7bear »

I'd go 59 out of thomasville all the way to 98 (through metcalf, across 90 where it has the dog leg, through Lloyd, across 27, through Wacissa). Saves the distance goin further east to monticello if you're just gonna come back to 59 in wacissa to get to 98... especially headed to st marks.