Mother's day at Keaton beach 5/13/07

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Hit-n-Miss

Mother's day at Keaton beach 5/13/07

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

:-D My beautiful wife said that she wanted us to take our boy(he's 6) fishing on mothers day. Whoo hoo! Man I love that woman. :smt007 So we get there and launch around 7:30. Running to our first spot it was a little choppy but not bad. Started fishing my wife up front and my boy and I in the back. Next thing I know she has a fish on, keeper #1 in the box. By the time she is putting #2 in the box I hook a fish for my boy and let him reel it in.(by the end of the day he is doing it by himself) Needless to say the fish knew it was mother's day because she took us too school. Limiting out with an 18" and a 20". The water was 79- 80 degrees and clear all day. And the air was smokey all day. Some highlights for the day were 2 big jacks 1 I caught and 1 my son caught. I was proud that neigther the jack or a huge spanish, that got away, didn't take the pole from him. However I did lose one and still don't know how. :o As usual gulps were the ticket in 6' . The final tally. Was 12 trout, 2 big jacks, 1 lizard fish, a few ladies up to 24", and 20-30 shorts. All and all a wonderful day on the water with my family. :-D :thumbup: :-D
Reel Cowboy
Site Sponsor

Post by Reel Cowboy »

Not a bad day and Momma got her way too. Ain't nothing wrong with that :thumbup:
In the words of the great Doc Holliday, "I'll be your huckleberry"
birddog
Site Sponsor

Post by birddog »

Good trip H&M. :thumbup:
GULP! free since 1970.
dstockwell

Post by dstockwell »

Good deal.. :thumbup:
BlindHog

Post by BlindHog »

Way to go, man :thumbup: Son (and mom) will remember that day forever. I still remember my first saltwater fishing with my dad at age 6. We caught spanish and little jacks and I was in heaven.
Even a Blind Hog finds an acorn now 'n then...
AJ
Site Sponsor

Post by AJ »

What a great way to spend mother's day :thumbup:
You gonna talk, or you gonna fish?
redfisher2424

Post by redfisher2424 »

Great trip. Glad you put mom and your boy on the fish. That will be a mothers day to remember. :thumbup:
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

:-D We all had a blast :-D My boy's smile was priceless. :D