Panama City Kings 5-12-07

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Good Times

Panama City Kings 5-12-07

Post by Good Times »

My brother Brian came down this weekend from Birmingham with his family. We all met in Panama City. He, my Dad and I got out for a few hours on Saturday morning and trolled for some Kings. We started by dragging some cigar minnows with gold dusters west of the pass. Nothing happening there. We made our way out to the Whistle Bouy. There were some schools of Little Tunny hitting the surface and there were fish on the bottom machine, but nothing was interested in biting. We trolled in the area for a while a got one fish on, think it was a king, but he got off before we could get a look at him. There wasn't much happening so we decided to troll from the whistle bouy east down Shell Island. I just bought a couple of stretch 30's so my brother tied one on. (white and red) One minute in the water and "Fish On!" It was a Little Tunny. Put him back and put the other stretch 30 on. (silver and black) Another Little Tunny on the white stretch. Then the drag went off. Brian grabbed the rod and pulled in a nice king. We kept at it for a couple of hours and wound up with 4 kings on the line, 2 in the box. Dad had a good one on for while. That's the video below. It sure is fun to hear that drag go off when they run.

Half a day and:

4 Little Tunny
2 King Mackrel

Got back and cleaned the boat and the fish. We combined our catch with Dad's cobia from last Sunday and grilled up some Cobia Kabobs (Let me know if you want that recipe) and King fillet. Now that's eating!

Good times were had by all! Theres nothing like fishing with family!

My brother and his first King.

Almost on ice.

Dad's King

GET HIM IN THE COOLER!
birddog
Site Sponsor

Post by birddog »

Great report. From watching the video, it looks like ya'll were having a good time. :thumbup: :thumbup:
GULP! free since 1970.
What a mess

Post by What a mess »

so how do you do them k - bobs

looks good to me :thumbup:
Yesterday it was taboo today it is normal what the heck will they be doing tomorrow?
mjsigns
Site Sponsor

Post by mjsigns »

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Great Video :thumbup: :thumbup:
Time is the most precious commodity we have in life, stay focused.
Reel Slow
Site Sponsor

Post by Reel Slow »

Looks like fun..neat video :thumbup:
Eerman
Site Sponsor

Post by Eerman »

The little tunny pull good :thumbup:
"Why does Sea World have a seafood restaurant?? I'm halfway through my fish burger and I realize, Oh man....I could be eating a slow learner."
rocket
Site Sponsor

Post by rocket »

:thumbup: :thumbup: :beer:
Stay Thirsty My Friends
Capt Reggie
Site Sponsor

Post by Capt Reggie »

:thumbup: :thumbup: Outstanding family outing, GT...Tuna and Kings make for a great trolling adventure - plus, it's always nice when Dad gets to have his drag screeched!!! :smt007
My hobby is Smart Outdoors, LLC.
Good Times

Post by Good Times »

Cobia Kabobs

The next time you go ut fishing, write this down and put it on the fridge. In the event that you catch a keeper Cobia, this is a great way to grill it. Just call home and have someone run to the store for the ingrdients so ou can get him on the bar-b that afternoon.

Baboo Skewers
1/4 cup olive oil
2 tbsp minced garlic
2 tbsp chopped cilantro
2 tbsp fresh lime juice
20 can of pineapple chunks, juice reserved
salt and pepper to taste
1 pound of cobia cubed
8 cherry tomatoes
1 green pepper 1 inch squares
1 red onion, 1 inch chunks

combine olive oil, minced garlic, cilantro, lime juice and pineapple juice in a large bowl. Salt and Pepper to taste. Add cobia and marinate for 1 hour. soak skewers in water for at least 5 minutes. preheat grill. Prepare Kabobs by alternating meat, pinapple, tomatoes, peppers and onion. Grill until done and enjoy.

There you have it.
redfisher2424

Post by redfisher2424 »

Nice job guys. I willl try the cobia recipe when and if I ever catch a legal cobia. Everyone I catch is about 1 to 2 inches short. :thumbup: