St. George Island

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Fin Addict

St. George Island

Post by Fin Addict »

My family and I are heading to St. Geoge Friday for a week of relaxation :-D . I was wondering if anyone has heard of any recent action that has been taking place on the bay side...I plan on doing a lot of wade fishing while there. Thanks...
Bonecracker

Fishing SGI

Post by Bonecracker »

Go to the beach with rods, reels, chair, bait (shrimp or sand flees) and cooler full of cold beverages!
Find a nice spot and cast you bait on the bottom! Put rod in rod holder and RELAX and hope the fish will not bother! I do that and it works all the time!!
Cut bait on the bottom will allways attract a nice shark that will promptly spool you! No line to fish with, so now you can go to my favorite places, the Bar!
OG

What he said

Post by OG »

I've got a buddy down there right now. He's been catching pompano at the cut every morning. Caught several flounder around the rocks and a couple reds. Sand fleas have worked best for him.
lizbeth
Site Sponsor

Post by lizbeth »

we caught 16 reds last Saturday around 16" to 18". one 24" and one 26",
on the back side of the island. caught Pompano on the surf.
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

When fishing from the beach, a nice set of binoculars are a must "to check the fishies splashing around of course" :wink: :-D :beer:
Reel Cowboy
Site Sponsor

Post by Reel Cowboy »

wevans wrote:When fishing from the beach, a nice set of binoculars are a must "to check the fishies splashing around of course" :wink: :-D :beer:
Sure it is :wink:
In the words of the great Doc Holliday, "I'll be your huckleberry"