Mashes Sands 5-18-07

Use this area to post offshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

That's the third Cobia I've caught trolling :-D the problem with the other two was that they both hit at the same time on different rigs :o one was to short and the other was a monster that got off at the boat "probably cause I was exhausted" :smt010 I normally troll between 4.5 and 6 MPH, but with these stretch 25s I was trolling between 3 and 4.5 MPH :beer: and NO, I did not drag the danged thing anywhere near long enuf "thought he was a big Grouper at first" :hammer:
Good Times

Post by Good Times »

Great day wevans. I'm inspired. I'm gonna take the bass tracker to the K-tower! JK! I'll keep it on the flats for now. Mainly because it doesn't have any rod holders and I always have a hard time steering the boat with one hand and holding that grouper rig with the other. Those stretch 25's pull pretty hard themselves!

Looks like you had a great day! Glad you got that Cobia!
mjsigns
Site Sponsor

Post by mjsigns »

Look like a GRAND SLAM :thumbup:
Nice Report Wevans :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Time is the most precious commodity we have in life, stay focused.
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

For all those who are contemplating going out in their smaller boats now, a bit of advice :-D ALWAYS take both inshore and offshore equipment when you go :o you may be planning to fish inshore and the weather will turn sweet for offshore :thumbup: or you may be planning to go offshore and the predicted weather is wrong once again "and if you don't have your inshore stuff, you WILL be tempted ta try it anyhow" :hammer: Safety should always be rule #1 :beer: :beer:
Sir reel
Site Sponsor

Post by Sir reel »

Way to go Waldon :thumbup: :D :D
Last edited by Sir reel on May 22nd, 2007, 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Good Judgement" comes from experience, ... and a lot of that..... results from "Bad Judgement".
dstockwell

Post by dstockwell »

very nice :thumbup: :thumbup:
Reel Cowboy
Site Sponsor

Post by Reel Cowboy »

:thumbup: :thumbup:
In the words of the great Doc Holliday, "I'll be your huckleberry"
Barhopr
Site Sponsor

Re: Mashes Sands 5-18-07

Post by Barhopr »

wevans wrote:Hit the water at 3:30, out at just after 7, got 3 keeper Grouper, a decent King and a decent Cobia :-D I'm whooped so that is all :oops: Had to cut up the Cobia so it would fit in the ice chest and the wife takes terrible pics :smt012 :beer:

Excellent day Wevans! :thumbup:
VIVA la BT

Image_______________Image
tin can
Site Sponsor

Post by tin can »

Walden, I always smile when I read one of your offshore reports. :D I'll never forget the day we took the picture of your first grouper, 6 miles south of Dog Island. Then you told us you launched at Mash's Sand. :o

Another excellent trip. :thumbup:
What was I supposed to do today?
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

:lol: That seems like a lifetime ago now :-D "but really aint been that long" :oops: it sure has been a fun learning experience :thumbup: :thumbup: :beer: