Econfona - 6/2/07 - Offshore report

Use this area to post offshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

PinFishKing
Site Sponsor

Econfona - 6/2/07 - Offshore report

Post by PinFishKing »

Wow! A litttle rough, little windy, rained some.......Nothing we ain't used to. :o

Left the ramp about 7:30 AM. Caught a few Pins, headed South. Water was a little rough so about 15 miles out we started the troll. Less than 60 seconds later - BAM! Both rods bent. Fought in 2 30" gags. :-D Trolled backl over the same mark, BAM! again. Both rods, 2 more 30" :-D gags.
Picked up 3 more in the area in the 30" range. Bite slowed down.

Decided to go a little deeper. :cry: Tightened up the Frog Togs and headed south. 10 more miles decided to troll some more. Long troll this time when BAM! 48" Smoker King. :-D Tossed a live Pin behind the boat while my partner played with the King. When the King got close, we heard the reel in the back screaming. Another Smoker King! :-D

Headed for a summer spot we have 36 miles out. :cry: Took it kind of easy due to the weather. Upon arrival, no hits on the troll. Dropped live pins over and immediately hooked up with 2 huge AJ's. :-D I forgot how hard they pulled. Both were in the 45" range.

After fighting the waves and weather, we decided to start back in and hit some old spots on the way. Trolled over an old school bus a friend of mine deposited many, many years ago. Double BAM! again. 2 more 30" gags. We trolled around and picked up the 10th and final gag for our limit.

Checked another spot 5 miles in, no gags but caught 2 huge red snapper in the 15 pound range. :-D

Box was full, weather was bad, we decided to head north and take it in. About the time we could see the tripod, I felt a tremendous vibration, a nasty shaking sensation and heard someone calling my name.

It was my wife waking me up from an awesome dream :smt015 :smt014

.....Turns out Lunesta chased with Miller Lite makes a great fishing partner.

You guys didn't really believe I would go out 36 miles in that crap did you? :wink:
You just can't fix stupid.
fishful_thinkin

Post by fishful_thinkin »

:smt005 :smt005
Less Work! More Fishing!
Dubble Trubble
Site Sponsor

Post by Dubble Trubble »

:smt011
Dubble
The more I know about something, the more I know that I did not know as much as I thought I knew that I knew.
Sea Fox
Site Sponsor

Post by Sea Fox »

That must be some good stuff, :-D .
Sea Ya !
BAD BEHAVIOR
Site Sponsor

Post by BAD BEHAVIOR »

We werent scared, just dumb a's. We actually fished from 1-7pm. Got beat around, found out what our boats would take and what they would not!!!
A wise person pays attention to correction that will improve his life...... Proverbs 15:31 ICB <")))))>*<

TEAM BAD BEHAVIOR
Ron Wilson
Site Sponsor

Post by Ron Wilson »

"Plan for the worst."
Sir reel
Site Sponsor

Post by Sir reel »

:o Can somebody help me get this hook outa my lip!! :roll: :-D
"Good Judgement" comes from experience, ... and a lot of that..... results from "Bad Judgement".
AJ
Site Sponsor

Post by AJ »

Sir reel wrote::o Can somebody help me get this hook outa my lip!! :roll: :-D
You gonna talk, or you gonna fish?
RHTFISH
Site Sponsor

Post by RHTFISH »

The mind cannot differentiate between what is real and
vividly imagined! :o
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.