Jerry's Bait & Tackle

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

creech

Jerry's Bait & Tackle

Post by creech »

I have driven by the place countless times and thought one of these days I'm going to stop in to meet the owner and take a look around. Yesterday I was in the area knocking on a few doors making some cold calls to the local tire stores and automotive repair shops and decided "today is the day I'm going to Jerry's". Let me tell you, if you haven't been you owe it to yourself even if you don't buy anything you should stop to meet and talk with Scott. What a nice guy. I spent about 20 minutes talking with him about fishing of course. He seems to have a genuine interest in the local waters, it's fisheries and fishermen & women.
Sir reel
Site Sponsor

Post by Sir reel »

If you didn't try one of the Cubans that his wife puts together.... you'd better plan on making a return trip SOON! :lick:
"Good Judgement" comes from experience, ... and a lot of that..... results from "Bad Judgement".
snatch-n-reel
Site Sponsor

Post by snatch-n-reel »

Was out working today and was driving by Jerry's so naturally I made the stop. He was putting a new shipment of Gulps on the shelf. After about a half hour of BS I was on my way. Everyone should support local business. :thumbup:
Let me get them Numbers!!!!!!!!
jsuber
Site Sponsor

Post by jsuber »

Does he sell Popping Corks or Shrimp?
creech

Post by creech »

BOTH!
AJ
Site Sponsor

Post by AJ »

If you've ever read his reports then you'll know, Everything is hitting live shrimp :smt005
You gonna talk, or you gonna fish?
Capt Reggie
Site Sponsor

Post by Capt Reggie »

:thumbup: Scott is a class act! I'm usually in & out of Jerry's B&T on a weekly basis or pestering him on the phone asking about something. Scott always has time to help me out, even when he has other customers, or swap some ideas and places to fish. Some of the bigger department fishing shop owners/operators could take a few lessons from this guy!!! Usually, if you call ahead, Scott will tell you if he has live bait (especially shrimp). Well done, Scott. :lol: Thanks for the tip, I didn't know those sandwitches were that yummy...I'll get some for the Classic tomorrow. :lick:
My hobby is Smart Outdoors, LLC.
reel therapy
Site Sponsor

Post by reel therapy »

AJ wrote:If you've ever read his reports then you'll know, Everything is hitting live shrimp :smt005
JBT's Latest Report

And what Capt. Reggie said. :thumbup:

:beer:
bman

Post by bman »

He is a fun part of fishing in our area.. :thumbup:
Barry Bevis, Realtor and Owner of BigBendFishing.net
I liked it so much, I bought the company ;-)

http://www.bevisrealty.com
TEAM "Duck Season!"
mojokoko

Post by mojokoko »

Scott is the man. That guy is my what I want to aspire to be. I mean to have a job well you sell bait all day is just awsome. We usually go by every week to get shrimp, ice, or some art baits. He has lots of lures and stuff in his store so you should check it out :D
rocket
Site Sponsor

Post by rocket »

Not to mention he has sold two boats for me. If he has the room, for a small fee you can leave your boat there, and he will try to sell it for you.
Scott is a good guy :thumbup: Hard to wrong there!
Stay Thirsty My Friends
redfisher2424

Post by redfisher2424 »

Yeah Scott is great whem I first got into saltwater fishing he was very informative on what bait to use when and where they were catching them. I always buy from Jerrys as much as I can. I know he hates that I dont buy shrimp anymore and just artificials but I always make a point to buy ice and at least a few lures every time I go just to support him. :thumbup: