SHARKS EVERYWHERE

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Good Times

Post by Good Times »

That also explains an abundance of Red Fish 12 miles up the Sopchoppy this time of year.
Sir reel
Site Sponsor

Post by Sir reel »

Hey Lit...good to hear from ya. If 35ppt is considered high what would you say could be considered a normal reading for this area (iyo)
"Good Judgement" comes from experience, ... and a lot of that..... results from "Bad Judgement".
mjsigns
Site Sponsor

Post by mjsigns »

Is the limit on sharks still one per person per boat?

:-?
Time is the most precious commodity we have in life, stay focused.
grim reeler

Post by grim reeler »

I have seen 6-8 footers in less than 4 foot of water the last few times I've fished the flats. One of them was on one of my favorite redfish points. I'd also like to thank the jack arses in the white G3 (19'?) that motored into my path and anchored directly in front (less than 30 yards) of where I was trolling on that point. Almost took a mug shot but figured it was better for my sanity to just move on. I think they also ticked off another boat by running right thru their drift to get there.
FUTCHCAIRO

BLAST THOSE SHARKS

Post by FUTCHCAIRO »

HEY FELLAS, THE COST OF FISHING FOR TROUT AND REDS WILL CONTINUE TO INCREASE WITH ALL OF THOSE SHARKS IN CLOSE, THOSE PLUGS AND SOFT BAITS ARE NOT GOING TO GET ANY CHEAPER, JUST CARRY A SMALL BALL BAT WITH YA AND BASH THIER HEAD 4-5 TIMES , THIS WILL SAVE A LOT OF FISHING GEAR AND GET RID OF A LOT OF SHARKS AS WELL HAVE MORE EDIBLE FISH AVAILABLE TO CATCH. BANG, BANG, BANG, BANG.
PA THE OLD MAN OF THE SEA
IF WE DO NOT DO SOMETHING ABOUT THE SHARKS, THE BAY WILL BE LIKE THE EVERGLADES ,UP TO OUR ARMPITS IN SHARKS.
PA
FUTCHCAIRO
What a mess

Post by What a mess »

That ought to get the party started come on peta club
Yesterday it was taboo today it is normal what the heck will they be doing tomorrow?
Capt Reggie
Site Sponsor

Post by Capt Reggie »

Tom Keels wrote:
Good Times wrote:That bull shark Tom Keels was picking on went and got all of his buddies. They are waiting for him to get back in the water.
He started it.

The best explanation for the increase of sharks is the salinity of the water is much higher this year with the lack of rain. This brings normally pelagic sharks much closer to shore.
:lol: Hey, Tom, that ain't all...our baitfish are running closer inshore this year, so in comes all the sharks following a Darwinian thesis! By the way, you scallop hunters might consider posting an armed guard on board the boat this season, even in clear water, and especially in shallow water! I prefer an M79 Grenade Launcher, myself = more boom in the bite! :beer: :lick:
My hobby is Smart Outdoors, LLC.
RD
Site Sponsor

Post by RD »

Sir reel wrote:Hey Lit...good to hear from ya. If 35ppt is considered high what would you say could be considered a normal reading for this area (iyo)
Normal on our flats is 21 to 24 ppt......Sharks are like Jewfish,just going to be a bigger and bigger problem untill the Gov. decides to let us start harvesting them again, y'all want to really see sharks try flying over this area.
Littoral

Post by Littoral »

Sir reel wrote:Hey Lit...good to hear from ya. If 35ppt is considered high what would you say could be considered a normal reading for this area (iyo)
It doesn’t get much, if any, higher. It's often that high on a weekly (or tidal) basis. The consistency is the issue this year.

A couple more examples I’ve seen recently are: 1) Today I caught a sand perch in a crab trap that was in the mouth of a freshwater creek 2) the same creek has had a resident Loggerhead in it for 2 weeks.

As to PETA, you don’t have to be a radical animal rights activist to understand that just killing sharks to reduce their numbers is (what word should I use here that is strong enough but not so personal that whoever might need to actually think about it won’t just get pissed off) senseless.
reel therapy
Site Sponsor

Post by reel therapy »

Scallop season? :-?

Spent yesterday morning fishing SJB, south of blacks island. The trout fishing okay, with several shorts. We saw a lot bulls cruising the area. We also hooked up with several of these sharks with a pinfish trailing behind the boat--not really what we were hoping for:

The excitement came when bringing a smaller version of the shark above close to the boat only to have a large bull follow it. The bull inhaled the smaller shark (right next to the boat), ripped off what seemed to be about 100 yards of line and then broke off.

Had another large bull hit a redfin lure in about 3' of water. :o He hit the surface a couple of times--and he didn't look happy about it---I think he's still got the lure.

They were all over those flats.
Littoral

Post by Littoral »

Clear water is also a possible explanation -we can see them. :wink:
Barhopr
Site Sponsor

Post by Barhopr »

[quote="Littoral"]

A couple more examples I’ve seen recently are: 1) Today I caught a sand perch in a crab trap that was in the mouth of a freshwater creek 2) the same creek has had a resident Loggerhead in it for 2 weeks.

quote]
I saw a school of spainsh in less than 2.5' of water way back in a cove off the beaten path this weekend. :o
VIVA la BT

Image_______________Image
What a mess

Post by What a mess »

Littoral wrote:
It doesn’t get much, if any, higher. It's often that high on a weekly (or tidal) basis. The consistency is the issue this year.

As to PETA, you don’t have to be a radical animal rights activist to understand that just killing sharks to reduce their numbers is (what word should I use here that is strong enough but not so personal that whoever might need to actually think about it won’t just get pissed off) senseless.
I ain't mad I had said on the other thread that I would not kill a shark that was not for food, but that I did not practice lizzard fish conservation on my boat. :smt006
Yesterday it was taboo today it is normal what the heck will they be doing tomorrow?