Boat Ramp Fun

All things having to do with boats, trailers, engines, electronics and accessories.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Welby
Site Sponsor

Re: solution

Post by Welby »

CROCKER wrote:ALL OF THIS CONFUSION IS SIMPLY SOLVED BY BEING THE FIRST ONE OUT AND THE LAST ONE IN.
That's how us Boston folks solve it !!!
big bend gyrene

Post by big bend gyrene »

Took my Dad out of Econfina on Father's Day weekend and we got a big chuckle out of another father/son duo.

The son looked about 15 and the Dad obviously offered the son one of his first chances to load their boat back on their trailer after a day on the water.

Son looked quite eager to prove his worth but Dad had to jump out of their tow vehicle and take back control of the helm after the son backed the boat onto the trailer STERN first !!! :o :-D
"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank GOD for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945
bballchrism

Post by bballchrism »

he kid loaded the boat stern first no way ahahaha :lol: :lol:
Will_Fish_4_Food
Site Sponsor

Post by Will_Fish_4_Food »

I like the idea for holding up scores :smt004 I've definitely seen some 2's :smt005
RD
Site Sponsor

Post by RD »

[quote="Mook!"]I think there's something in the water this year... We usually hit the St Marks fort ramp, never any shortage of idiots there. Last weekend Mojokoko and I watched a commercial crabber drop his giant skiff in the ramp, where it stayed, occupied by his female companion, while he parked the truck up the road, walked back down to the boat, was informed by said first mate that they had forgotten something or some such, at which time he walked back to the truck, got in, and drove off! He came back about 6 or 8 minutes later, parked, got in boat and headed out. That pretty much takes the ramp etiquette cake as far as I'm concerned; a professional who so obviously has to know better...tsk tsk

quote] I expected a answer of some kind from you after you led the folks on here to believe that I held up the ramp and made people wait on me,it would probably shock you back to where you come from to know that I left the truck and trailer parked in the ramp while I took the boat for a test run before dark one day last week
Redfin
Site Sponsor

Post by Redfin »

RD wrote:
Mook! wrote:I think there's something in the water this year... We usually hit the St Marks fort ramp, never any shortage of idiots there. Last weekend Mojokoko and I watched a commercial crabber drop his giant skiff in the ramp, where it stayed, occupied by his female companion, while he parked the truck up the road, walked back down to the boat, was informed by said first mate that they had forgotten something or some such, at which time he walked back to the truck, got in, and drove off! He came back about 6 or 8 minutes later, parked, got in boat and headed out. That pretty much takes the ramp etiquette cake as far as I'm concerned; a professional who so obviously has to know better...tsk tsk

quote] I expected a answer of some kind from you after you led the folks on here to believe that I held up the ramp and made people wait on me,it would probably shock you back to where you come from to know that I left the truck and trailer parked in the ramp while I took the boat for a test run before dark one day last week

:smt005
dowawoo

Mook

Post by dowawoo »

Think I ran into the same commerical guy at Crystal River about a month ago, real A__, tied up the ramp forever and didn't give a hoot..this is why I don't carry a gun, BAM!!!
dowawoo
RD
Site Sponsor

Re: Mook

Post by RD »

dowawoo wrote:Think I ran into the same commerical guy at Crystal River about a month ago, real A__, tied up the ramp forever and didn't give a hoot..this is why I don't carry a gun, BAM!!!
I don't think so but if y'all want me to start I will. :smt015 That angle on the ramp is perfect for a nap after a long day crabbing,truck AC blowing cold, hmmmmmmmmmm
RD
Site Sponsor

Re: Mook

Post by RD »

dowawoo wrote:Think I ran into the same commerical guy at Crystal River about a month ago, real A__, tied up the ramp forever and didn't give a hoot..this is why I don't carry a gun, BAM!!!
I don't think so but if y'all want me to start I will. :smt015 That angle on the ramp is perfect for a nap after a long day crabbing,truck AC blowing cold, hmmmmmmmmmm
Mook!
Site Sponsor

Post by Mook! »

RD wrote:
Mook! wrote:I think there's something in the water this year... We usually hit the St Marks fort ramp, never any shortage of idiots there. Last weekend Mojokoko and I watched a commercial crabber drop his giant skiff in the ramp, where it stayed, occupied by his female companion, while he parked the truck up the road, walked back down to the boat, was informed by said first mate that they had forgotten something or some such, at which time he walked back to the truck, got in, and drove off! He came back about 6 or 8 minutes later, parked, got in boat and headed out. That pretty much takes the ramp etiquette cake as far as I'm concerned; a professional who so obviously has to know better...tsk tsk
I expected a answer of some kind from you after you led the folks on here to believe that I held up the ramp and made people wait on me,it would probably shock you back to where you come from to know that I left the truck and trailer parked in the ramp while I took the boat for a test run before dark one day last week
Well heck I was tryin to be nice and just let it go since I see you out there all the time and clearly you are a nice guy and courteous to others on the water, but since you asked...

If she was supposed to move the boat if any body came up, then technically, I cannot fault her, as we were already there when your truck was in the water, turned off to the side taking the transom savers off the boat (otherwise, how would I know the whole story?). Thus, nobody came up... :hammer:
Last edited by Mook! on July 15th, 2007, 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mook!
Site Sponsor

Post by Mook! »

OH and on another note, I did not lead anyone to believe you did that; I went out of my way to NOT identify you in any way - you called yourself out by replying :lol:
RD
Site Sponsor

Post by RD »

Mook! wrote:OH and on another note, I did not lead anyone to believe you did that; I went out of my way to NOT identify you in any way - you called yourself out by replying :lol:
One thing I don't do is hide,lots of folks across the state and Internet knows who RD is including most anybody at the St. Marks ramp who has been there more than once knows who the crabber is with the female deckhands and I do go out of my way to be courteous as any of these guys on here who fish the creeks down east can tell you. I have no problem if she is sitting there half asleep in you telling her to move the dang boat out of the way,I would.While the older I get the less I remember it seems to me that when I got back and parked a boat was just starting to back down so if I did hold you up for 30 or 40 seconds I apologize, Other than that if you don't like the way I do things there the LH ramp is open to everybody but Commercial boats.
birddog
Site Sponsor

Post by birddog »

RD, I've seen you many times in the creeks east of St. Marks. You've been a class act when we've gotten near each other. In fact all the commercial crabbers have. :thumbup: :thumbup:
GULP! free since 1970.
RD
Site Sponsor

Post by RD »

I too like to hook n line fish inshore and try not to mess anybodys day up,sometimes y'all might be fishing in a spot that I have to go through but I do it as easy as I can and at times even leave traps that need pulling if somebodys fishing to close to them. I have more time in Stoney than anybody living and never feel like I own it and nobody else should be there although when the fish are there sometimes i wish it wasn't put in the papers so the whole world shows up down there. :roll:
birddog
Site Sponsor

Post by birddog »

RD wrote:I too like to hook n line fish inshore and try not to mess anybodys day up,sometimes y'all might be fishing in a spot that I have to go through but I do it as easy as I can and at times even leave traps that need pulling if somebodys fishing to close to them. I have more time in Stoney than anybody living and never feel like I own it and nobody else should be there although when the fish are there sometimes i wish it wasn't put in the papers so the whole world shows up down there. :roll:
Exactly :thumbup:
GULP! free since 1970.