Buried my best little four-legged friend this evening.

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

BAD BEHAVIOR
Site Sponsor

Post by BAD BEHAVIOR »

I lost my shepherd (13 also) last year. Cried like a baby. I keep his collar by the barn door and give it a pat everyday. Sounds stupid but I went through part college, a wife , and started a business, the whole time he was with me. The best medicine is get yourself a puppy. You wont forget your pal but it eases the hurt. Best to you and your family, bud.
GREAT post there NOLE!!! :thumbup:
A wise person pays attention to correction that will improve his life...... Proverbs 15:31 ICB <")))))>*<

TEAM BAD BEHAVIOR
fishsticks
Site Sponsor

Post by fishsticks »

Dude, I'm sorry
I had the vet come out to my house here in Havana 3 weeks ago this Thursday to do the painful deed. I could not bare(sp?) taking her in to the place she hated the most, then put her down. It was worth the money, she would have been 14 this September. I had her since she was 8 weeks old. The same vet her entire life.(German Shepherd)
I hope people like us with pets feel the same misery and pain when this happens to them, that only means they have been blessed with an awesome pet for a long time. What the other person said, remember the good times.
Capt Reggie
Site Sponsor

Post by Capt Reggie »

noleflyfisher wrote:Sorry to hear that. Always tough to lose a friend.

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge. When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.

There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable. All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigour; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.

The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster. You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again.

The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together

.... Author unknown
:smt010 Very well quoted, Noleman! Iknownuthin, I'm very sorry for your loss...we love our four-legged family and their loss is just that - a loss of family proportions! May the Lord be with you in your grief, may it be short-lived, may you soon just remember only the good times. By the way, he is waiting up in that special meadow for you! :wink:
My hobby is Smart Outdoors, LLC.
jsuber
Site Sponsor

Post by jsuber »

I buried my dog last year. He dug his way out though. I can't get rid of him.

Just trying to bring out a smile. :D Go get you another pup and start some new memories.
Last edited by jsuber on June 29th, 2007, 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
beatswork

Post by beatswork »

Sorry to hear about your loss. I have a shit-zu and a sheperd. The little dogs getting along in age, starting to have some problems, and we're going to have to start making hard decisions. I feel your pain.

jsuber, if you get some concret...never mind. :o
If we are not supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat?
manley
Site Sponsor

Post by manley »

Thanks, guys. Been a rough few days, for sure. I appreciate all the kind thoughts, prayers, and understanding. :thumbup:
KarstRanger
Site Sponsor

Post by KarstRanger »

Sorry to hear this, man. I know it hurts.

And, I have to agree with noleflyfisher on his sentiments - I keep this taped on my desk drawer:

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went."
[as dropship enters atmosphere] "We're in the pipe, five by five."
Sir reel
Site Sponsor

Post by Sir reel »

I'm sorry I wasn't able to respond to your post earlier. I am trully sorry for the loss you have just suffered. It was just a year ago in Feb that I had to put down my lady springer because of a fast growing cancer. I can still remember the look on her face on that morning. I'ts an amazing thing .... that bond .... that develops between a man and his dog. There are somethings unique to Women and feelings, but I BELIEVE there is something (for what ever reason) that can only be felt on the part of a Man when his dog is taken from him. Just as we may not understand some of the emotions or feelings associated with being a Mother... this is something that only another man can understand. Part of it comes as such a surprise when it happens because we are always the one who holds up.. who endures...etc and the pain is so sharp and the tears come and we're just helpless to handle it at the moment. Didn't mean for this to be such a ramble! We're with you iknownuthin :thumbup: :smt010
"Good Judgement" comes from experience, ... and a lot of that..... results from "Bad Judgement".
dolphinatic
Advertising Sponsor

Post by dolphinatic »

Been there and done that a few times myself.....never easy. Sorry to hear about your loss.

I've got a 14 year old lab that's been here since before both of my boys were born and she is starting to show her age. Won't be long before I'm doing it again I'm afraid. Got her from the animal shelter when she was just 6 weeks old. Those pound puppies seem to last the longest :thumbup:
mjsigns
Site Sponsor

Post by mjsigns »

Scott-

Sorry to hear the news. I know it hurts. I lost one after 17 years, and I'll never forget that animal. :thumbup:
Time is the most precious commodity we have in life, stay focused.
AJ
Site Sponsor

Post by AJ »

I'm sorry man. I lost my best hunting partner a couple of years ago, still miss him.
You gonna talk, or you gonna fish?
Reel Slow
Site Sponsor

Post by Reel Slow »

Sorry to hear about your loss. It is never easy to lose a friend.