Transformers

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Tom Keels
Site Admin

Transformers

Post by Tom Keels »

I'll admit, I'm a dork. Anyone that knows me will attest. So this is my kind of movie.

That being said, I think its safe to say that this move will be the movie to set the bar for CGI for a while, kind of like Jurassic Park did in the 90's.

Best movie I've seen as far as sheer eye candy in a very long time.

Even if you didn't grow up with cartoons or the toys like I did, you owe it to yourself to see this movie. Pay full price, see it with a crowd. It's that good.

Don't try to make sense of it, don't question the plot holes. Just enjoy it for what it is. Pure fun.
Tom Keels
Site Founder

MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

My son just came home from the movie with pretty much the same impression you got. He said folks were ewing and ahing at the graphics.
Eerman
Site Sponsor

Post by Eerman »

Funny how dorks grow up to make cool fishing forums that everybody loves. :thumbup: Might have to check out the movie. I'm tired of movies that are "supposed" to make you think. Need more pure fun.
"Why does Sea World have a seafood restaurant?? I'm halfway through my fish burger and I realize, Oh man....I could be eating a slow learner."
mjsigns
Site Sponsor

Post by mjsigns »

Kewl :thumbup:

Something to do tonight for sure ! 8)
Time is the most precious commodity we have in life, stay focused.
DWilliams

Post by DWilliams »

I grew up playing with transformers, still have optimus prime somewhere.

I'm gonna wait until my nephew comes down to take him to see it so I don't look like a dork. :-D
KarstRanger
Site Sponsor

Post by KarstRanger »

Cool - glad to have a recommendation :thumbup: . I like good CGI and sound for sure. I have been a little leary as some of these comics-to-real-life movies have been a little wanting.

I found a transformer the other day while cleaning out the garage. Had to wait on my son to come home on leave from the USAF for someone who knew how to open the old thing up -- it still works :thumbup: :thumbup:
[as dropship enters atmosphere] "We're in the pipe, five by five."
Reel Cowboy
Site Sponsor

Post by Reel Cowboy »

I'm going to have to check it out. I was more of a Thunder Cats, G.I. Joe and He-Man kid myself but I remember them. As a matter of fact I taught myself how to swim for my pick of any two G.I. Joes and He-Man toys. Yes I know I'm a dork but that stuff was cool in the day. :thumbup:
In the words of the great Doc Holliday, "I'll be your huckleberry"
KarstRanger
Site Sponsor

Die Hard instead...

Post by KarstRanger »

Talked the wife into going to see Transformers and then at the theater she talked me into Bruce Willis - Live Free or Die Hard. It was really pretty good - I would recommend it for any Saturday afternoon before the higher ticket prices. Predictable but great non-stop action and a lot of humor from good' ol' boy Bruce who of course is half covered in blood for most of the movie. Recommended :thumbup: :thumbup:
[as dropship enters atmosphere] "We're in the pipe, five by five."