Worst kind of letter to get from a Boss, TK and Dave Hart.

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

T Smith
Site Sponsor

Worst kind of letter to get from a Boss, TK and Dave Hart.

Post by T Smith »

Dang,

I know business is business but you would think TK would make it a little more personable since Hart has been there for so long. Short and not so sweet.

Reel Cowboy
Site Sponsor

Post by Reel Cowboy »

I may sound dumb for asking this but who? :oops:
In the words of the great Doc Holliday, "I'll be your huckleberry"
T Smith
Site Sponsor

Post by T Smith »

No Worries Reel Cowboy it is a fishing forum,

TK Wetherall is the president at FSU and Dave Hart is the Athletic Director at FSU and has been for about 9 years. It just came out out of the blue that TK didn't plan on renewing Harts contract. By most accounts Hart has done a really good job and elevated most of FSU's athletic programs with the exception of our recent football and basketball issues and the baseball team seems to be slipping a little as well. But Hart also did a good job defending the university when the NCAA was looking into banning native american mascots. So it just came as a surprise and I was just a little surprised at how short and impersonal the letter was considering how long Hart has been there and what he has done for the university.
MrGreenJeans

Post by MrGreenJeans »

I remember TK doing more than Hart to address the banning of indian mascots.
TallyFish

Post by TallyFish »

TK and the Seminole Tribe of Florida took the battle to the NCAA and kicked their collective ass into submission in the public arena over the mascot issue.

The baseball program is fine. Check out the win loss record from last season. Did they win the College World Series? No, but the only ONE team did, the rest were losers too. Seven, ACC all ACADEMIC team members from FSU. North Carolina which played for the CWS championship had ZERO. That should tell you something about the quality of program run at FSU. I would much rather see the scholarship money be given to a player who finishes a degree and hopefully stays in state to work and contribute to the good of the state of Florida.

On Hart's letter: No doubt a tough way to receive the news.
MrGreenJeans

Post by MrGreenJeans »

^^^^

Unfortunately, baseball players at FSU don't get full scholarships.