Sears

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Soccerdad

Sears

Post by Soccerdad »

Have any of you seen this? Snopes confirms it. Regardless of how you feel about this war, Sears is supporting the folks that matter .. the men and women in the tanks and trucks (v. the dopes in various Washington buildings).

>>
>>I assume you have all seen the reports about how Sears is treating its
>>reservist employees who are called up to duty? By law, they are
>>required to hold their jobs open and available, but nothing more.
>>Usually, people take a big pay cut and lose benefits as a result of being called up...
>>Sears is voluntarily paying the difference in salaries and maintaining
>>all benefits, including medical insurance and bonus programs, for all
>>called up reservist employees for up to two years. I submit that Sears
>>is an exemplary corporate citizen and should be recognized for its contribution.
>>I suggest we all shop at Sears, and be sure to find a manager to tell
>>them why we are there so the company gets the positive reinforcement
>>it well deserves.

I'm off to Sears! .. I have always felt that their Craftsman line is both affordable and top quality. And I'm old enough to remember Ted Williams as a promoter of good quality fishing tackle at Sears (alas, those days are gone).
If there's no soccer (or fishing) in heaven - I'm not going!
RHTFISH
Site Sponsor

Post by RHTFISH »

SEARS has my respect and gratitude!
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

:thumbup: SEARS
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
TallyFish

Post by TallyFish »

Bought tools there two days ago!
Ron Wilson
Site Sponsor

Post by Ron Wilson »

Our reservists are a "force multiplier" in this Nation's ability to conduct and sustain operations of the magnitude such as we are involved today. Coupled with their role (during these times) to augment our police/guard requirement to protect our homeland makes them a tremendous asset to this country. They sacrifice, like all our military members and their families, and as pointed out in this thread often bear an additional (financial) burden from the pay differential between their civilian and military jobs when called up. WAY TO GO SEARS! :thumbup:
"Plan for the worst."