Lanark, 7/12

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

grim reeler

Post by grim reeler »

Barhopr wrote: Very Sober, just dizzy from the vapors from the baby formula and poop :lol:
Heh, If you think formual poop puts off fumes, you are in for a rude awakening when that child goes to solid food.

:lol:
Lester C
Site Sponsor

Post by Lester C »

A couple of weeks ago we were fishing the cut at St. George. It was slow for most all boats in the cut, then the boat next to us (bayside, near the west seawall) hung and fought something big for about 30 minutes. The boat followed it out to the gulf and finally landed about a 6 foot Black Tip Shark.

A couple of hours later I saw another nice size Blacktip. At the time I was wade fishing in waste deep water on the bayside of Little St. George, about a mile from the cut. That Blacktip went right by me, circled to avoid me, but was about 15 feet away. I know they look bigger when you are in the soup with them, but that guy was at least 6 feet. Where are we in the food chain when we are in the water?
Thomasville

Post by Thomasville »

low enough to be eaten. last week we were in SJB scalloping and as we were idling around we came up on an 8-9ft. bullshark that was just taking his time swimming over some sandy bottom in about 4 ft. of water. i think he was just trying to decide which scalloper looked tastiest. by the way...the scallops were thick in about 8-14ft. of water over SAND.