As I clean out my office...

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

KarstRanger
Site Sponsor

As I clean out my office...

Post by KarstRanger »

Well, the house finally sold up here in Atlanta and as I am cleaning out my office before moving :thumbup: :thumbup: to Mayo, I found this little gem from years ago that will hopefully bring a little smile to those of you who have to continue the daily grind for a while...

"An organization is like a tree full of monkeys,
all on different limbs at different levels. Some
monkeys are climbing up, some down.
The monkeys on the top look down and
see a tree full of smiling faces. The monkeys
on the bottom look up and see nothing but assholes."

:D
[as dropship enters atmosphere] "We're in the pipe, five by five."
Soccerdad

Post by Soccerdad »

Sure, and won't you be lovin' County Mayo where the Guinness flows like mother's milk and the salmon come up the Moy river and the lasses wear no ...

Oh sorry ... Mayo Florida.

Never mind.
If there's no soccer (or fishing) in heaven - I'm not going!
mjsigns
Site Sponsor

Post by mjsigns »

Hey you'll be living near:

Bass Assassin Lures are located Mayo, Florida, USA
232 SE Industrial Park Circle, Suite A
Mayo, FL 32066

number)
386-294-1049

:-D
Time is the most precious commodity we have in life, stay focused.
Cranfield
Site Sponsor

Post by Cranfield »

Soccerdad wrote:Sure, and won't you be lovin' County Mayo where the Guinness flows like mother's milk and the salmon come up the Moy river and the lasses wear no ...

Oh sorry ... Mayo Florida.

Never mind.
I will be taking my annual trip to the "real" County Mayo for a weeks fishing in mid August.
I will post a few pics and a report that will make you really yearn for the Old Country.

This pic was from last year and shows my friend Jeff and our Charter Skipper Mary Gavin, just about to tuck into the lunch she has prepared for us.

Chalk

Re: As I clean out my office...

Post by Chalk »

KarstRanger wrote:Well, the house finally sold up here in Atlanta and as I am cleaning out my office before moving :thumbup: :thumbup: to Mayo, I found this little gem from years ago that will hopefully bring a little smile to those of you who have to continue the daily grind for a while...

"An organization is like a tree full of monkeys,
all on different limbs at different levels. Some
monkeys are climbing up, some down.
The monkeys on the top look down and
see a tree full of smiling faces. The monkeys
on the bottom look up and see nothing but assholes."

:D
That's classic :thumbup: :thumbup:

Congrats on the sale and the move...Look forward to reading them fishing reports :thumbup: :thumbup:
Cranfield
Site Sponsor

Post by Cranfield »

KarstRanger, sorry for the minor thread derailment and I hope all goes well with your move. :thumbup:
KarstRanger
Site Sponsor

Post by KarstRanger »

Cranfield wrote: I will be taking my annual trip to the "real" County Mayo for a weeks fishing in mid August. (sorry for the derail...)
Hey Cranfield, no problem -- it's all good :D - Ye old Ireland is on my list to go see one of these days, along with watching a space shuttle liftoff, going snow skiing with my son at his USAF base in Germany, getting drunk in marguaritaville in Key West, scalloping, shrimping, flounder gigging, surf fishing for pompano with sand fleas, trout/red fishing in the grass beds, blue water fishin', running from thunderstorms with some of you guys --
BOYS -- I... AM... R-E-A-D-Y !!!!!!! :-D :-D :-D

And, thanks for the kind words guys, been planning this move for a long time and it is all coming together in a good way.

The Bass Assassin folks are just up the road a piece in a low, long non-descript building behind the fire department. Maybe I can help support the forum by getting a part-time job there and getting us all employee discounts !! Or maybe I'll just go fishin' :thumbup:.
Hmmmm.... but I wonder what they do with their rejects - I mean how much different would an ugly bent worm look to a fish, anyway...? (can you say "dumpster-diving"?, ha ha :-D )
[as dropship enters atmosphere] "We're in the pipe, five by five."