Gag Grouper To Be SEVERELY Reduced In The Gulf Of Mexico

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

I've sent my email to all listed as well as the governor. the Governor is known to listen when he gets inundated with emails on an issue.
bman

Post by bman »

Some one want to write us a temple letter that we can cut and paste into an e-mail.

I'd do it but don't know the issue as well as some of you.
Barry Bevis, Realtor and Owner of BigBendFishing.net
I liked it so much, I bought the company ;-)

http://www.bevisrealty.com
TEAM "Duck Season!"
Tom Keels
Site Admin

Post by Tom Keels »

bman wrote:Some one want to write us a temple letter that we can cut and paste into an e-mail.

I'd do it but don't know the issue as well as some of you.
This was my email to the Governor:
Dear Governor Crist,

As an avid fisherman for nearly all my 33 years, I am concerned with the continued loss of fishing rights by the recreational sector.

Currently there are National Marine Fisheries proposals to cut recreational bag limits of gag grouper, amberjack, grey triggerfish and red snapper. Not to mention the recently imposed limits on red grouper and red snapper in the gulf of Mexico.

I urge you to review the proposals carefully and give input wherever you can to curb these new proposals. The way it is going, my 6 year old son may only get to have fresh grouper or snapper if he buys it in a restaurant.

Thank you,
Tom Keels
Owner, Webmaster BigBendFishing.Net
CoFounder, North Florida Gulf Fishing Club
Tom Keels
Site Founder

bman

Post by bman »

Thanks Tom-
I personalized it and sent it on....
Also mentioned his appearance with Capt Rick- from the Florida Fishing Report
http://www.sportsmansadventures.com/

TEAM "Duck Season!"
rocket
Site Sponsor

Post by rocket »

Sent those three an email, anybody got Chuck's email address so I can send it to him as well???
Stay Thirsty My Friends
rocket
Site Sponsor

Post by rocket »

Senator Bill Nelson just got an email from me. Here's is address to do the same:http://billnelson.senate.gov/contact/email.cfm
Stay Thirsty My Friends
bman

Post by bman »

Crist's e-mail is Charlie.Crist@myflorida.com

TEAM "Duck Season!"
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

Tom, Could you do a POLL on this site for votes FOR/AGAINST the proposal and forward the results to the questionable members presiding over this insane quota adjustment?
While it would be raw numbers and not names,it still might help.
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
Tom Keels
Site Admin

Post by Tom Keels »

Jumptrout51 wrote:Tom, Could you do a POLL on this site for votes FOR/AGAINST the proposal and forward the results to the questionable members presiding over this insane quota adjustment?
While it would be raw numbers and not names,it still might help.
There are already several online petitions going on with names. One more without, probably won't help.
Tom Keels
Site Founder

RC
Site Sponsor

Post by RC »

Anyway I have been thinking this thing through.

Seems like the harder we fight legally the worse it gets. They have taken fish away from recreational anglers every year for at least the last 7 years. We got them on the shrimp by-catch and look what it got us. We challenge his BS science and even after they admit its no good we still get the shaft. No one listens. The majority of people don't care. Seems like our government has lost touch with the people and aligned itself with money.

I've been wanting to upgrade for a larger offshore boat for over a year now.

After this new regulation comes into effect it looks like there will be some good offshore boats coming on the market.

Looks like Roy and his buddies are going to protect the commercial side of this fishing thing.

Why beat your head against the wall? If you can't beat them join them.

Reef permits are on the market for around $10,000.00. Get some buddies together say 4 people and buy a larger boat and a reef permit. Then you can catch all the fish you want. Sell your catch and offset the cost of keeping a larger boat and your expenses.

I have a friend who is a guide that would run the boat during the week. Who knows the venture could pay for itself. Hell it might even make money.

Anyway at least you could keep more than 2 grouper.
RD
Site Sponsor

Post by RD »

RC wrote:Anyway I have been thinking this thing through.

Seems like the harder we fight legally the worse it gets. They have taken fish away from recreational anglers every year for at least the last 7 years. We got them on the shrimp by-catch and look what it got us. We challenge his BS science and even after they admit its no good we still get the shaft. No one listens. The majority of people don't care. Seems like our government has lost touch with the people and aligned itself with money.

I've been wanting to upgrade for a larger offshore boat for over a year now.

After this new regulation comes into effect it looks like there will be some good offshore boats coming on the market.

Looks like Roy and his buddies are going to protect the commercial side of this fishing thing.

Why beat your head against the wall? If you can't beat them join them.

Reef permits are on the market for around $10,000.00. Get some buddies together say 4 people and buy a larger boat and a reef permit. Then you can catch all the fish you want. Sell your catch and offset the cost of keeping a larger boat and your expenses.

I have a friend who is a guide that would run the boat during the week. Who knows the venture could pay for itself. Hell it might even make money.

Anyway at least you could keep more than 2 grouper.
GOOD LUCK WITH THAT VENTURE, :roll: Grouper fishermen are going out of buisness every week,Still amazes me how y'all don't get it yet,this has been the CCA'S game plan from day one,get rid of the Commercial and cut the Rec down to just enough for one meal in all fisherys,the wealthy want monster fish to catch n release and for their high dollar turnaments(of course a lot of Yachts have reef permits) Redfish is the example the CCA refuses to acknowlege that they have recovered instead wants to tighten the slot even futher. The main problem is we have too many people fishing today and we have ass backward fish management,ie slot limits for one,I can see a upper limit but if a 16 in red satifys me better than a 27 in then let me keep it. But I do agree with you on this issue,it is stupid to pull a grouper up out of deep water and throw it back dead and we can't forget all these wonderful Jewfish that we have saved wieghing hundreds of lbs sitting on a rock sucking up all the grouper they can.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.
Benjamin Franklin 1759
Reel Country
Site Sponsor

Post by Reel Country »

letters sent the Fishing Governor and Astronaut Nelson.
GIT-R-WET
Site Sponsor

Post by GIT-R-WET »

Sent my emails to Gov. & Sen.
Who else needs to receive emails to maybe help us on this?
"LIFE IS GOOD IN THE GREAT OUTDOORS"
GIT-R-WET
Site Sponsor

Post by GIT-R-WET »

Tom Keels wrote:There are already several online petitions going on with names.
Where are these petitions?
"LIFE IS GOOD IN THE GREAT OUTDOORS"
Tom Keels
Site Admin

Post by Tom Keels »

GIT-R-WET wrote:
Tom Keels wrote:There are already several online petitions going on with names.
Where are these petitions?
http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/989844226
Tom Keels
Site Founder