Help with Vista

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

BAD BEHAVIOR
Site Sponsor

Help with Vista

Post by BAD BEHAVIOR »

I have a new really fast three monitor computer in my office. I went with the new Vista operating system and it keeps giving me a lot of problems like closing an operation down before I get it to open and I keep getting a message that says my defender II has stopped working??? Any help please!!
A wise person pays attention to correction that will improve his life...... Proverbs 15:31 ICB <")))))>*<

TEAM BAD BEHAVIOR
mjsigns
Site Sponsor

Post by mjsigns »

I've heard of the "Vista Virus"... Get rid of it... :smt005 :smt005 :smt005
Time is the most precious commodity we have in life, stay focused.
waterman

vista problems

Post by waterman »

I was having the same problems with mine try this web site it help mine
http:/onecare.live.com/site/en-us/center/whatsnew.htm
maybe this will help you
Reelax

Post by Reelax »

Are you running the 64-bit or the 32-bit version of vista....Also which edition of vista is it (enterprise, pro, small office, home....). And one other question.....what application do you use to control the three moniters..registered or freeware like multimon?
My you live as long as you want,
But never want as long as you live.
Troutinator

wish i could help

Post by Troutinator »

Wish I could help on this, but i am way behind anyway, I just upgraded to 2000 from ME........ :o :o :o :o :o
He who loses control, Loses!
finniefish

Post by finniefish »

BB, Defender is Micro$ofts free spyware. If you are running other spyware you can go to control panel and security center and turn defender off. No offense waterman but if any one thinks Vista is like a bad exwife than try OneCare, Microsoft security, it will bug the crap out of you.
mjsigns
Site Sponsor

Post by mjsigns »

Time is the most precious commodity we have in life, stay focused.
Dubble Trubble
Site Sponsor

Post by Dubble Trubble »

Hehe, My business had doubled in the last few months. Thanks Microsoft. :-D

Regardless of what Mikeysoft is telling you, it is gonna take some IT knowledge to get it running right. It is quite a bit more user un-friendly than xp is....

If you are careful where you browse, you can get rid of many problems by going into user accounts from control panel and turn off UAC.......however, this does do away with some security measures....

Also, get rid of defender. Use AVG software.

And never, never, ever subscribe to OneCare......

http://www.grisoft.com

Dubble :thumbup:

PS: Before trying to run a tri-monitor system, you would do well to learn how to get just ONE running correctly.....sounds like a salesman sold you the moon......hope he can back it up.....
The more I know about something, the more I know that I did not know as much as I thought I knew that I knew.
BAD BEHAVIOR
Site Sponsor

Post by BAD BEHAVIOR »

I actually have a two monitor system. The third monitor is a pos terminal. The two monitor system has a video card(?) that allows me to swap screens. Very helpful when doing payroll and other accounting tasks. I called my guy and he is coming tomorrow to get rid of my problems. Also, I agree, AVG is the way to go. Thanks for the help!
A wise person pays attention to correction that will improve his life...... Proverbs 15:31 ICB <")))))>*<

TEAM BAD BEHAVIOR