Hello

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Flint River Pirate
Site Sponsor

Hello

Post by Flint River Pirate »

I have been visiting this website for months and just signed up today. I appreciate all the advice and ideas that I have picked up. I have a quick question, I generally fish Econfina. Last weekend I was in Panama City and fished the bay. We were skunked 2 days in a row not even a bite. I fished a DOA shrimp on a 24 inch leader under a Cajun Thunder. It always works on the Flats and the Bay appears to be very similar, and I thought it would work. What are some helpful hints when fishing there? Thanks!
Last edited by Flint River Pirate on August 23rd, 2007, 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
One Keeper

Post by One Keeper »

Welcome F.R.P :thumbup: maybe our resident pro Chalk would like to take this one :-D
Good Times

Post by Good Times »

Where did you put in and fish? There's a lot of water in PC.
creech

Post by creech »

Welcome Aboard! :thumbup:
Barhopr
Site Sponsor

Post by Barhopr »

where on the Flint do you Pirate ? welcome
VIVA la BT

Image_______________Image
fishful_thinkin

Post by fishful_thinkin »

Welcome :thumbup:
Less Work! More Fishing!
Flint River Pirate
Site Sponsor

Barhopr wrote:where on the Flint do you Pirate ? welcome
Ha Ha, I pirate the Albany/Newton side of the Flint. Every once and a while I go below Hell's Gate and get into your neck of the woods. I see that you are in the Bainbridge area.
Flint River Pirate
Site Sponsor

Good Times wrote:Where did you put in and fish? There's a lot of water in PC.
I put in at the ramp across the bridge from Capt. Anderson's, also Lake Powell. Thanks
mng

Post by mng »

My brother moved down to PC this past winter & I've been trying to learn the bay this summer. So far I've had about the same experience you have. I usually put in at the 77 bridge or at a marina just above the Hathaway bridge where he keeps his boat. An artificial shrimp under a cajun thunder hasn't worked well for me either. A gold spoon with a gulp scrap on it worked once. When not out on the gulf I also try to fish the flint above & below Lake Blackshear.
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

The bay is like a bowl with a shelf....Fish the shelf where the deep water and the flats come together...It's a big bay alot of water to fish...I avarage 35-40 miles a trip in one of the three bays....East bay has been the place for me of late...second choice is west bay for trout and reds and north bay for reds.

Most any bait will work once you locate the fish...look for the grass and sand spots aka spotty bottom
Flint River Pirate
Site Sponsor

mng wrote:My brother moved down to PC this past winter & I've been trying to learn the bay this summer. So far I've had about the same experience you have. I usually put in at the 77 bridge or at a marina just above the Hathaway bridge where he keeps his boat. An artificial shrimp under a cajun thunder hasn't worked well for me either. A gold spoon with a gulp scrap on it worked once. When not out on the gulf I also try to fish the flint above & below Lake Blackshear.
MNG, has the Blackshear bite been slow for you lately? I live in Worth County so the lake is only about 20 miles away. It has been horrible up there due to the heat. Farm ponds are the only place where you can catch fish when it is SO hot. Paradise PFA has been good lately too I have heard.
snatch-n-reel
Site Sponsor

Post by snatch-n-reel »

welcome FRP
Let me get them Numbers!!!!!!!!
mng

Post by mng »

Flint River Pirate wrote:MNG, has the Blackshear bite been slow for you lately? I live in Worth County so the lake is only about 20 miles away. It has been horrible up there due to the heat. Farm ponds are the only place where you can catch fish when it is SO hot. Paradise PFA has been good lately too I have heard.
Sorry for the delayed response, I spent the weekend with my brother in PC fishing the Mexico Beach Kingfish tournament. Blackshear has been very slow lately from what I've heard. It was great this spring, but I haven't fished up there much this summer because of the heat. I'll be up there at my parent's house this weekend so I might give it a shot. I keep trying to slip over to Paradise during the week since it's so close.
BAD BEHAVIOR
Site Sponsor

Post by BAD BEHAVIOR »

Welcome aboard Dave and good talking with you. Id love to tell you I had some hot spots at PC but thats a little west of my range. Come back east and Ill be glad to help you! By the way , DSL cut me off six times trying to write this. Good to have you with us! BB
A wise person pays attention to correction that will improve his life...... Proverbs 15:31 ICB <")))))>*<

TEAM BAD BEHAVIOR
Flint River Pirate
Site Sponsor

Thanks Jay! Let me know how the DSL is now, should be ok. If not call me.

Dave