HOW SKINNY CAN YOU....

All things dealing with kayaks and kayak fishing.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Redbelly
Site Sponsor

HOW SKINNY CAN YOU....

Post by Redbelly »

float in a fishing kayak?
Work 2 fish 4 days

1988 vintage 1436 Fisher Jon
1992 vintage 15 hp Merc
Redbelly
Site Sponsor

Post by Redbelly »

And how long can you sit in one without a break? I have a small canoe and it kills my lower back after about 1/2 hour. I see the position is different in a kayak. Does this make your butt go numb?
Work 2 fish 4 days

1988 vintage 1436 Fisher Jon
1992 vintage 15 hp Merc
jsuber
Site Sponsor

Post by jsuber »

I can fish from dusk to dusk in mine, if the fish are cooperating and have done it more than one in VA. But usually you can get out if you need to stretch your legs or hang them off the sides. There is a demo day this Sunday with Wilderness Way at Macay Gardens off N Thomasville Hwy. Come try some out. Its free.
Apalach
Site Sponsor

Post by Apalach »

I have two of the Hobie Mirage Drive boats with stock seats. I have gone for six hours straight of continuous fishing without standing, stopping, or getting out. But, be careful to bend over and stand SLOWLY when you finally do stop and get out, otherwise you might find yourself toppling over into the drink!
Talltails

Post by Talltails »

I will fish several hours comfortably in my kayak. In a kayak you are not perched on a seat like you are in a canoe. The difference would be comparing a stool to a recliner. A kayak is also very good to use to get you TO fishing spots that are otherwise mostly inaccessable in most conventional boats. They are great to paddle from oyster bar to oyster bar, and get out to fish.