Tennessee at the swamp.

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

big bend gyrene

Good grief, can't everyone just get along!!!

Post by big bend gyrene »

Been checking this post the last two days and I am having a hard time believing the doggedness (forgive the pun) of some folks that think that they will have the last word on this thread!

Can't we all just act like grown adult men and just get along!

Signed,
An Innocent Bystander (bet you can't guess my home state :wink: ... why do I have this feeling some US American will now dredge up the Miss Teen debacle :smt010 :-D )
"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank GOD for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945
Welby
Site Sponsor

Re: Good grief, can't everyone just get along!!!

Post by Welby »

big bend gyrene wrote:Been checking this post the last two days and I am having a hard time believing the doggedness (forgive the pun) of some folks that think that they will have the last word on this thread!

Can't we all just act like grown adult men and just get along!

Signed,
An Innocent Bystander (bet you can't guess my home state :wink: ... why do I have this feeling some US American will now dredge up the Miss Teen debacle :smt010 :-D )
bbg.
Gotta keep you reading...

BTW, would never bring up the Miss Teen thing...that would just be wrong.
Congrats on your win last week ! :-?
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

Tenn. looks completely confused and stunned right now :o :beer:
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
CATCH 22

Post by CATCH 22 »

No, I'm a UF fan since early 70's. Grew up in a Seminole household, but did'nt let that change me. I was just defending a great coach who you UGA fans love to hate. Yes I was reeling when he beat us year before last in Columbia. Now he is a rival coach who I want to beat, just think it's funny that he's giving everyone headaches. What do you have to say about Urban Meyer,huh? Still undefeated against the big 3. Why are you Dawg fans not whining about him yet? The Man as an eye for talent, and He and his coaching staff know how to use it. Every top recruit is gonna want to wear orange and blue and there aint nuttin Ya'll can do or say that's gonna change it :smt005 :smt005 I'm done gloating now
GO GATORS!!! CHOMP CHOMP
You’ve reached middle age when all you exercise is caution.
Welby
Site Sponsor

Post by Welby »

I like to talk and have fun, but I also will give credit where credit is due.
Good win to Urdan Meyer and the Gators over UT !!!

Make no mistake, I will be pulling against ya'll again next week and the next, etc.... :-D
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

Yep, UF ROCKED yesterday :thumbup: I do have ta ? keeping Tebow in so long though "same as the sports yackers", that backup looked like he will be a load ta bring down also :o it's fun ta watch a smash-mouth QB out there :thumbup: :thumbup: :beer:
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
Pirate

Post by Pirate »

Winning or losing with class says an awful lot about a coach, team and it's fans. When a team beats you and displays class you learn to respect that team. When a team beats you and displays arrogance and contempt you learn to dispise that team. Urban Meyer displayed class immediately. That's the reason a lot of SEC fans pulled for Florida last year, when they wouldn't in the past. Very few ever pulled for Spurrier's teams except Florida fans. No one that knows football would ever say Spurrier wasn't a great coach. I've heard people say he's a great person. The problem is that he has always come across to 99% of the football fans as a (take your choice). The shame in it all is that he could out coach teams and still be respected by the opponents but I believe that has eluded him and he will,be remembered more for his displayed personality than for his coaching. By the way, I was pulling for Florida yesterday because they have a classy coach. I believe a lot of Florida fans who have class will one day say " We are kicking butt and we're doing it without acting like jerks"
People that catch a lot of fish fish a lot!
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

Welby wrote:I like to talk and have fun, but I also will give credit where credit is due.
Good win to Urdan Meyer and the Gators over UT !!!

Make no mistake, I will be pulling against ya'll again next week and the next, etc.... :-D
What...oh no man...go see your Doctor Monday, I'm sure there is some medication that will help.

I just got back from Scout camp and from the paper's report, I can't believe how much these gators are crowing after being so lucky Saturday...I'm mean, they are lucky Tennessee didn't leave town at half time.
BAD BEHAVIOR
Site Sponsor

Post by BAD BEHAVIOR »

MD youre delusional. Im just waiting for Oct 6 and LSU. That will be our test this year. Go GATORS!!
A wise person pays attention to correction that will improve his life...... Proverbs 15:31 ICB <")))))>*<

TEAM BAD BEHAVIOR
Welby
Site Sponsor

Post by Welby »

BAD BEHAVIOR wrote:MD youre delusional. Im just waiting for Oct 6 and LSU. That will be our test this year. Go GATORS!!
I think your right, if ya'll get through that it will be one heck of a statement......My money will be on the Tigers...... :-D
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

BAD BEHAVIOR wrote:MD youre delusional. Im just waiting for Oct 6 and LSU. That will be our test this year. Go GATORS!!
Bad, can you read...go back and read what I said, then hush up boy.

I'm with welby, I don't think ya'll can whop dem tigers this year. But we shall see.
Tennessee

Post by Tennessee »

Wow! is all I can say, the Gators looked really good. Tennessee has always had trouble defending the option Air Force almost beat us last year. We just have not seen that much of it in the past. But it looks like more pro and college teams are going to it. This game may have cost someone at UT their job. But I hope not, UT has a good staff, I think this game and the California game will give them film to study to get better. Someone on here made the comment that Coach Myers is a classy guy, I have to agree. Not many here in the Vol nation really care for Coach Spurier. Good luck to the Gators, as if it really looks like their going to need it, and Go Vols!
Mook!
Site Sponsor

Post by Mook! »

Tennessee wrote:Wow! is all I can say, the Gators looked really good. Tennessee has always had trouble defending the option Air Force almost beat us last year. We just have not seen that much of it in the past. But it looks like more pro and college teams are going to it. This game may have cost someone at UT their job. But I hope not, UT has a good staff, I think this game and the California game will give them film to study to get better. Someone on here made the comment that Coach Myers is a classy guy, I have to agree. Not many here in the Vol nation really care for Coach Spurier. Good luck to the Gators, as if it really looks like their going to need it, and Go Vols!
Yeeeeahh...I second all those emotions, especially about Urban Meyer. In my opinion, he's done better than Spurrier in less time with fewer resources, and I can't tell you how many times I've watched the post-games on Sunshine and seen the press *try* to get him to say something bad about a player or group of players...his answer is always "I'll have to look at the film I dunno about that" and then goes on to say something positive about the player or players in question.

As an FSU grad, I've always enjoyed the rivalry with the Gators, and I've found since Spurrier left, that I just hope we beat em as opposed to hatin their guts like I used to. It was Spurrier I couldn't stand, not UF. I loved seein him flounder in the NFL exactly as I predicted, and I now watch South Carolina games just to root for him to lose. And how appropriate is it that he's now the head ball coach of the Cocks?!?!?