1999 Yamaha C40TLRX - 40 hp 2 stroke

Need to buy or sell something, post it here.(Only Sponsor Businesses Please)

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

T Smith
Site Sponsor

1999 Yamaha C40TLRX - 40 hp 2 stroke

Post by T Smith »

For sale: 1999 Yamaha 2 stroke 40hp.

Don't know hours, I bought it used from a dealer that took it in on trade for a 4 stroke. I've had the motor for three years and used it about 10 times.

Clean motor everything works. Comes with stainless prop and Bobs Machine Shop Aluminum Stabalizer Plate.

Motor only $1,700
Motor with like new Yamaha binnacle mount and key switch, $1,900

If I sell the motor I also have a 2 year old west marine starting battery and a manual aluminum Jack Plate (TH Marine HI-Jacker) that I could throw into a package fror $2,000, also have a yamaha fuel line.

I'll try to post pictures tomorrow if I can remember my login to the picture processor website.

PM if interested. Price is negotiable, nothing wrong with the motor I am just downsizing.

T Smith
Site Sponsor

Post by T Smith »

pics added
Barhopr
Site Sponsor

Post by Barhopr »

What about Jack plate only?
VIVA la BT

Image_______________Image
T Smith
Site Sponsor

Post by T Smith »

Barhopr, if I sell the motor and they dont want the jackplate then it will be for sale seperate, but I can't sell it untill the motor sells because I need it on the boat to be able to go fishing untill then. I also want to keep everything hooked up so I can run the motor if somone comes to look at it.

But if I sell the motor it will be for sale and you can have it for $70.
It's about 1 1/2 years old and comes with about $30 of stainless bolts and washers and the transom support plate that goes on the i inside of the transom between two of the bolts.
bman

Post by bman »

So what are you downsizing too?
Barry Bevis, Realtor and Owner of BigBendFishing.net
I liked it so much, I bought the company ;-)

http://www.bevisrealty.com
TEAM "Duck Season!"
T Smith
Site Sponsor

Post by T Smith »

Bman,

I'm loking at a River Hawk right now, it's basically a generic Gheenoe from what I can tell but they have a model that is wider than the 16' Super Gheenoe. It's got a 5' beam called the B-60. I plan on getting a 15hp or so pull start outboard. I also thought about going the J-16 route so we'll see. It's taking too much time and money for me to be able to get out much lately, so I want something cheaper and smaller. I also have a smaller tow vehicle now.

http://riverhawkboats.com/

http://kingfishrightangler.com/
Redbelly
Site Sponsor

Post by Redbelly »

What about the boat the motor's on now? And that 40hp will work on a J16.

Bman ought to buy it....
Work 2 fish 4 days

1988 vintage 1436 Fisher Jon
1992 vintage 15 hp Merc
T Smith
Site Sponsor

Post by T Smith »

Well thats the thing. I built the boat its on now its an Extreme Flats 20 but I'm not too happy with it theres alot of little bugs in it like the fiberglass, the way it runs, fits the trailer(s) I've had it on etc. Since I built it homemade I doubt I could get very much selling it. I sure wouldn't buy a homemade boat someone else made. So I'm gonna sell the Motor, Trailer and worthwhile parts off it and move to something smaller.

Yes a J-16 is rated for up to a 40hp but I'm gonna use the money I get from the motor to go towards the boat. My wife is going to quit working once our second child is here next summer and once she does that the budget is gonna be pretty tight. I've just switched jobs where before I lived 2 miles from the office and now live near lake jackson and work at Southwood so I've downsized the tow vehicle already for gas mileage. I figure I can either go fishing more often in a smaller rig, or keep the one I have and not get out as much. I also want something like a pull start where I can just hook up and go. I had the opportunity to go fishing the other day but didnt have time to charge the batteries and get the boat ready.
Redbelly
Site Sponsor

Post by Redbelly »

That makes a LOT of sense T Smith! :thumbup:

Plus that riverhawk looks sweet.
Work 2 fish 4 days

1988 vintage 1436 Fisher Jon
1992 vintage 15 hp Merc
bbb

Post by bbb »

check out this little boat from Paul Dixon in Bainbridge.
http://www.airboatsunlimited.com

Its very wide and stable. I was there this morning and he had some on the property.

T Smith
Site Sponsor

Post by T Smith »

Ok Sorry to be Wishy Washy, but I've come to my better senses with the help of a few of our esteemed forum members. I'm going to keep the motor and go with a Carolina Skiff instead of the River Hawk. Either a J-16 or the DLX 16, so the Yamaha is off the market.

But I definatley have a single axle galvanized Performance trailer for sale. Will fit anywhere from an 18' to 20' boat. Has new springs, axle and recently packed hubs. Had a 20' Hewes on it and now my XF 20.
What a mess

Post by What a mess »

ask any one that has had a j model DLX forshure
Yesterday it was taboo today it is normal what the heck will they be doing tomorrow?
JC_UF_ITK

Post by JC_UF_ITK »

Saw this motor for sale on another forum...

1999 Tohatsu 15hp, $500. Has been sitting in my garage for two years. Ran like an animal before that. Shows some salt corrosion on the shaft. Hood was repainted and the previous owner put Suzuki decals on (who knows why).

Located in Cooper City. Email me and I will respond with my phone number.
Seachaser

XF 20

Post by Seachaser »

What would you sell the whole kit and caboodle for. I am talking xf20, motor, trailer, etc.
T Smith
Site Sponsor

Post by T Smith »

SeaChaser, I could let go of the whole package for $3,200. But there are a few cracks in the fiberglass. Also the boat is home made and has no warranty whatsoever. If someone was interested a seatrial could be arranged.