Toyota Diesel Dually

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

jsuber
Site Sponsor

Toyota Diesel Dually

Post by jsuber »

http://news.windingroad.com/aftermarket ... el-dually/

Of the many (and boy do we mean many) modified full size trucks at SEMA this year, one of our very favorites is this Tundra Diesel Dually from the Toyota stand.

The matte charcoal grey Tundra is about as close to being understated as a lifted, dually concept truck at SEMA can be. The matte finish in combination with a tasteful smattering of small red LEDs, and a buttoned-down leather and brushed metal interior gives the big diesel a level of taste that is sometimes lacking in other tuner concepts.

Make no mistake; the Tundra Dually has its show stopping points; first being its ridiculously powerful 8.0-liter inline-six from Toyota’s commercial affiliate Hino. The engine, which was plucked whole from a 35,000 pound commercial truck, is discretely referred to as a “high-torqueâ€
Barhopr
Site Sponsor

Post by Barhopr »

I wish they would offer their smaller trucks with diesel like they do oversees
VIVA la BT

Image_______________Image
jsuber
Site Sponsor

Post by jsuber »

Ain't that the truth. I remember when all of them had those small diesel trucks. I heard Ford was coming out with one in an F150 five years ago, and I heard this year it will be out in 2009. Woo Hoo!
Charles
Site Sponsor

Post by Charles »

Toyota makes but doesn't (can't?) import the truck I really want.

A 4x4, Crew, 4 banger Turbo Diesel, Hi-Lux.
JC_UF_ITK

Post by JC_UF_ITK »

Barhopr wrote:I wish they would offer their smaller trucks with diesel like they do oversees
I spoke with a Nissan dealer that said the Titan will have a diesel in '09 and they were thinking the Frontier would be close behind. I also know that GM debuted a smaller diesel for the Silverado.
Reel Cowboy
Site Sponsor

Post by Reel Cowboy »

JC_UF_ITK wrote:
Barhopr wrote:I wish they would offer their smaller trucks with diesel like they do oversees
I spoke with a Nissan dealer that said the Titan will have a diesel in '09 and they were thinking the Frontier would be close behind. I also know that GM debuted a smaller diesel for the Silverado.
Didn"t GM try that a few years ago?
In the words of the great Doc Holliday, "I'll be your huckleberry"
BAD BEHAVIOR
Site Sponsor

Post by BAD BEHAVIOR »

MY GMC reign may be coming to an end!!!
A wise person pays attention to correction that will improve his life...... Proverbs 15:31 ICB <")))))>*<

TEAM BAD BEHAVIOR
finniefish

Post by finniefish »

The Tundra diesel will come from Hino but Toyota bought a percentage in Isuzu last year to possibly manufacture a smaller 2.5 L diesel motor. Will we see one in America? Not in a small truck till at least 2010.
http://www.autoblog.com/2006/11/07/toyo ... -of-isuzu/