Forum Glitches

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

qoutrage
Site Sponsor

Re: Forum Glitches

Post by qoutrage »

Looks good, Tom. Keep up the good work. :thumbup: :D
Dubble Trubble
Site Sponsor

Post by Dubble Trubble »

Lookin' good Tom. :thumbup:
The more I know about something, the more I know that I did not know as much as I thought I knew that I knew.
FUTCHCAIRO

Post by FUTCHCAIRO »

HEY TOM
EVEREYTHING WORKS FINE, INCLUDING SUBMITS, THE ONLY THING NOT WORKING FOR ME ARE THE LATEST POST WHICH YOU EXPLANED.
THANKS FOR A GREAT JOB, I APPRECIATE IT.
PA THE OLD MAN OF THE SEA
P.S. AS YOU KNOW I AM COMPUTER ILLITERATE, IF I CAN DO IT ANYBODY CAN.
FUTCHCAIRO
Tom Keels
Site Admin

Post by Tom Keels »

Site Sponsor avatars have been fixed.

For those of you who know what RSS is, you can click on the RSS feed icon. You'll get the 30 last updated topics on the reloads.
Tom Keels
Site Founder

jsuber
Site Sponsor

Post by jsuber »

Snatch-n-reel
Those smiles you posted have a virus that screws up video drivers when downloaded. You might want to delete them before someone downloads them.

For real.
Tom Keels
Site Admin

Post by Tom Keels »

jsuber wrote:Snatch-n-reel
Those smiles you posted have a virus that screws up video drivers when downloaded. You might want to delete them before someone downloads them.

For real.
I hope you are kidding.
Tom Keels
Site Founder

Tom Keels
Site Admin

Post by Tom Keels »

Chat is working folks. Try it out please. You must be logged in.
Tom Keels
Site Founder

jsuber
Site Sponsor

Post by jsuber »

My puter went nuts when I downloaded the Smiley beating the other smiley. But it could be a conflict with my puter cause the virus software did not go off.
Bailey

Post by Bailey »

Tom,

Is there any way you can change it when you click on a link within a post, that it opens another window (like the old site did?)? It's cumbersome (for me, anyway) to have to navigate back to this site once I check out a link.

Bailey :beer:
Tom Keels
Site Admin

Post by Tom Keels »

Bailey wrote:Tom,

Is there any way you can change it when you click on a link within a post, that it opens another window (like the old site did?)? It's cumbersome (for me, anyway) to have to navigate back to this site once I check out a link.

DONE! Please try it out and let me know if you find any issues.
Tom Keels
Site Founder

Bailey

Post by Bailey »

Tom,

Just tried it again, and it looks like it's still using the original window when you click on a link.

Also, I know this was mentioned before, but is there any way to put the camera icon on the posts that have pictures?

Tom Keels
Site Admin

Post by Tom Keels »

Bailey wrote:Tom,

Just tried it again, and it looks like it's still using the original window when you click on a link.

Also, I know this was mentioned before, but is there any way to put the camera icon on the posts that have pictures?

Are you talking about internal links like links for/within the forum? Or external links like links in posts or signatures?

External links are working like you asked. Try the link in jsubser's signature above.

The picture icon mod is in the works. When its available, you will get it.
Tom Keels
Site Founder

Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

I can hear the sarcasm before I even state my question, but here it goes.
I posted "Friends" in the "Friends and Foes" tab.
Nothing came up. The names are not there.
Is this page(friends and foes) not running yet?
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
big bend gyrene

Post by big bend gyrene »

Tom,

Couple of odd things noticed I haven't seen anyone else mention - - forgive me if I overlooked someone else reporting them.

Have noticed some of the older posts have odd symbol type characters showing up where apostrophes, hyphens, or other characters were originally used.

Also noticed that a post I put on about a week ago with links to a ton of pics was truncated, showing about 1/2 the original number of pics and then just cropped short. Before the change all were pulling in properly so not sure what's happened? In case you need the link to compare/investigate, I'm pasting below:

http://www.bigbendfishing.net/phpBB3/vi ... =5&t=16400" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The above shared, overall I really like the new look and GREATLY appreciate all of the time you are taking/ have already taken to administer the changes!

Big Bend Gyrene
"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank GOD for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945
Tom Keels
Site Admin

Post by Tom Keels »

big bend gyrene wrote:Tom,

Couple of odd things noticed I haven't seen anyone else mention - - forgive me if I overlooked someone else reporting them.

Have noticed some of the older posts have odd symbol type characters showing up where apostrophes, hyphens, or other characters were originally used.

Also noticed that a post I put on about a week ago with links to a ton of pics was truncated, showing about 1/2 the original number of pics and then just cropped short. Before the change all were pulling in properly so not sure what's happened? In case you need the link to compare/investigate, I'm pasting below:

http://www.bigbendfishing.net/phpBB3/vi ... =5&t=16400" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The above shared, overall I really like the new look and GREATLY appreciate all of the time you are taking/ have already taken to administer the changes!

Big Bend Gyrene
Did you originally type that post in Word and copy it over? That's normally why those odd characters show up. The forum converter had to reparse every post and I don't think it handles very large posts like yours, but it could have been the combination of the post length and number of pictures.

I will try to find that post in the old board and copy the text back over.
Tom Keels
Site Founder