Marine Batteries

All things having to do with boats, trailers, engines, electronics and accessories.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Talltails

Marine Batteries

Post by Talltails »

Does anyone have a recommendation for a reasonably priced marine battery to use for a 24v trolling motor? I'm currently using some cheaper batteries, but am wondering what the payoff is to upgrade.
birddog
Site Sponsor

Re: Marine Batteries

Post by birddog »

Delco Voyager group size 27 :thumbup: :thumbup:
GULP! free since 1970.
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

birddog wrote:Delco Voyager group size 27 :thumbup: :thumbup:
He's right.
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
Eerman
Site Sponsor

Post by Eerman »

:stupid_1
"Why does Sea World have a seafood restaurant?? I'm halfway through my fish burger and I realize, Oh man....I could be eating a slow learner."
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

Eman...I thought you liked BD. :(
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

I concure :thumbup: tuff as nails and long output :beer:
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
grim reeler

Post by grim reeler »

Ditto.
Redphisher

Post by Redphisher »

What about a flat bottom skiff and the fact they bounce around. Even with my (standard) batteries fastened down tight I've had my batteries loose power quicker due to the vibrations and the plates touching. I was thinking about going to a gel battery just because of that, any one have any thoughts on the Gel Batteries (other than they're expensive). Do the Delco's work better than the Battery Source brand? That's what I've bought in the past.
birddog
Site Sponsor

Post by birddog »

My Xpress is flat-bottomed. The batteries are in trays, strapped down. They probably vibrate some but I haven't noticed them moving around much. All I will use is Delco Voyager batts.
GULP! free since 1970.
RD
Site Sponsor

Post by RD »

Redphisher wrote:What about a flat bottom skiff and the fact they bounce around. Even with my (standard) batteries fastened down tight I've had my batteries loose power quicker due to the vibrations and the plates touching. I was thinking about going to a gel battery just because of that, any one have any thoughts on the Gel Batteries (other than they're expensive). Do the Delco's work better than the Battery Source brand? That's what I've bought in the past.
There aint any of them take a worse pounding than my C Ckiff or the mullet boat I had. I get around 4 years out of Die Hards,sometimes a little more and sometimes a little less,that includes my 16 fter that I trout fished with a trolling motor on it.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.
Benjamin Franklin 1759
Redphisher

Post by Redphisher »

That's what I have, a Carloina Skiff and the Battery Source batteries have lasted about 1 to 1.5 seasons then they seem to petter out. I'll be trying the Delco's or Die Hards this season. Does anyone think the Gel Batteries are worth the $$$?
Talltails

Post by Talltails »

Does anyone recommend a good place to purchase these Delco chalengers in the Tallahasse area?
Barhopr
Site Sponsor

Post by Barhopr »

Had good service out of a Interstate SRM27. about 47lbs and about $84.
VIVA la BT

Image_______________Image
tin can
Site Sponsor

Post by tin can »

Talltails wrote:Does anyone recommend a good place to purchase these Delco chalengers in the Tallahasse area?
Give Doug Walker, at AAA1 Transmission a call. He stocks them just for the area fishermen. 222-2532
What was I supposed to do today?
grim reeler

Post by grim reeler »

tin can wrote:
Talltails wrote:Does anyone recommend a good place to purchase these Delco chalengers in the Tallahasse area?
Give Doug Walker, at AAA1 Transmission a call. He stocks them just for the area fishermen. 222-2532
What TC said. I just picked one up last week. He doesnt even move them to the back anymore.