Rest in Peace Richard

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Fishin 911

Rest in Peace Richard

Post by Fishin 911 »

I know Tom Keels knows who I am speaking of. A friend of mine, Richard Harvey, who was only 28 died in a single vehicle crash this weekend. Richard was a outdoorsman who enjoyed deer hunting and diving. He was good with a wrench in his spare time, as he enjoyed working on trucks and building bog trucks. Richard enjoyed life to it's fullest. I spent many a night around a bonfire, drinking some beers, and cutting the fool with him. Richard was the kind of friend that if you needed help he would come and help you, all you had to do was call. I just hate his life ended so early. Everyone remember our life is so short. Tell your buddies and your family how much you care for them. I just saw Richard on New Year's eve and hate that I did not get to spend more time visiting with him.

Rest in peace my friend.
:smt059
23' Maycraft Center Console "Nauti Lady"
Chalk

Re: Rest in Peace Richard

Post by Chalk »

Tom Keels
Site Admin

Post by Tom Keels »

It's a shame. Richard was a good guy and always a joy to be around. He and I dove together many many times in the ADP Program at FSU. We've been to the Keys and through several classes together. He was the one person who called from the Asst. Instructor class I was in and consoled me when I didn't do so well. It's hard to believe he is gone.

:smt059 :smt059
Tom Keels
Site Founder

birddog
Site Sponsor

Post by birddog »

:smt059 :smt059
GULP! free since 1970.
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

Didn't know him. However, I am sorry his life ended tragically at a young age.
Sounds like the kind of fellow I would like to have known.
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
jsuber
Site Sponsor

Post by jsuber »

Hopefully the Redfish are bigger up there. RIP Richard.
snatch-n-reel
Site Sponsor

Post by snatch-n-reel »

:smt059 :smt010
Let me get them Numbers!!!!!!!!
RHTFISH
Site Sponsor

Post by RHTFISH »

It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.
big bend gyrene

Post by big bend gyrene »

Didn't know him but did see an article in the Democrat website that mentioned he had completed marathons. Was a bit surprised I didn't know him from the local running circles so looked him up through a results indexing site, marathonguide.com, and it showed that he had completed multiple Disney marathons as well as the Marine Corps marathon over the past few years. Checked one of the photo sites associated with the marathons, and will say that I was impressed he was tackling marathons as he was no bantam weight (being a 6' 3" fellow myself I can sympathize with him on that one). Still, you could tell from the photos that he was enjoying himself and speaking from experience, doing marathons slowly doesn't make the distance any easier... if anything the quicker they are over the sooner the rewards (shower, steak, beer, etc...) so he had to have a pretty big heart and a big love of life.

Wish I had known him as I bet he was full of spirit and fun.

Rest in peace, RIP indeed :smt059 :smt059 :smt059
"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank GOD for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945
Barhopr
Site Sponsor

Post by Barhopr »

VIVA la BT

Image_______________Image
mjsigns
Site Sponsor

Post by mjsigns »

Time is the most precious commodity we have in life, stay focused.