Spring Warrior, 11/1/03

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

manley
Site Sponsor

Spring Warrior, 11/1/03

Post by manley »

Left the house at 5:45 AM today enroute to Spring Warrior Fish Camp-the first time for me, ever. Not a bad trip, a little shorter than Keaton... Okay, we can do this. Arrived about 7:15, put in on high tide, things good. Bite was slow early on, but picked up later in the day. Finished the limit just as the bite REALLY turned on about 1:00. Planned to head to the hill early... yeah right. stiff 15-20 mile per hour wind with low tide said otherwise. Spent two and a half hours wading, pulling, dragging the boat up the creek.

Steve and Nice Spring Warrior Trout:

A not so nice end to an otherwise good day:

I caught 2 of these:

What's he gonna do to that toadfish???

Finished the day with a nice two-person limit of trout, a 20" spanish, one nice 12" black, 20 or so short trout and various trash fish.

For what it's worth, FISHBITES seemed to improve on an otherwise slow bite today, but also increased the trash fish we caught.
tin can
Site Sponsor

Post by tin can »

Sounds like a good day, cept the low tide and pullin. :wink:
What was I supposed to do today?
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

spring warrior

Post by DixieReb »

Hey, Scott!
Nice job. I only fished Spring Warrior once and didn't do near that good. We launched at Keaton and rode up the coast, so it was a ride. What did you get the 2 hammerheads on? Those were nice-un's.
I'm ready to get back down there myself, we did real good over at Hickory mound 2 weeks ago.
Sorry you had to pull the boat-the tide can work against you like that sometime. Glad you had a good day.
Yours in the South
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

WTG Scott, nice report :thumbup:
CSMarine
Site Sponsor

Post by CSMarine »

Good fishing Scott. :thumbup: I've pulled a boat into Spring Warrior more than one time. Try it sometime at night when it's too low to even pull, and the skeeters and sand nats wear you out for about two hours while waiting for the tide to let you back in. :thumbdown: :thumbdown:
Semper Fi
dstockwell

Post by dstockwell »

wtg Scott... :thumbup: :thumbup: Next time go to SW via Keaton... :o :D
manley
Site Sponsor

Post by manley »

Lesson learned, my friend. More than one way to catch a SW trout! :oops: