Aucilla 2-16-2008

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

CATCH 22

Re: Aucilla 2-16-2008

Post by CATCH 22 »

That uncontrollable shivering puts that extra action them bigguns just cant resist :roll: Congrats on the victory :thumbup: :beer: :beer:
You’ve reached middle age when all you exercise is caution.
Welby
Site Sponsor

Post by Welby »

Good Sunday morning read Suber....congrats on 1st :thumbup:
noleflyfisher
Site Sponsor

Post by noleflyfisher »

Nice win fellas. Congrats. :beer: :beer:
Ron Wilson
Site Sponsor

Post by Ron Wilson »

Nice work JS. You've been putting it on 'em all Winter. :thumbup:
"Plan for the worst."
striperguy17

Post by striperguy17 »

Congrats on the win yesterday guys. You had two real nice fish that I saw at the weigh in and the 27.5 and the 28 are real nice too..I wish I could have found some big fish yesterday.
Florida State University
mjm06h@fsu.edu" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Faith is the ability not to panic"
Redfish Jim
Site Sponsor

Post by Redfish Jim »

Congrats. :thumbup:

I think I ran 'em all out of the St. Marks area and now I know where they went. :lol:
Wadey
Site Sponsor

Post by Wadey »

Hope you've warmed up from that ride :lol: ......great result and the best report I've read in a while :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
http://www.lureanglers.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
See the Light.......ULTRA LIGHT
SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

Post by SHOWBOAT »

Thanks for posting the report Jeff, and I enjoyed the fishing.

I'm suprised you were cold, it looked like you were getting a real work out holding on the sides of the seat as we slid over some of the skinny water. :lol: You do make great ballast though, and we were able to run with very little of the boat in the water while you were on the bow.

A little more info from the fish cleaning. I always open the stomach on the largest trout in my stringer and most reds. All the reds I have cleaned in last month have had tiny, little shrimp in them. I would say the fish average about 3 shrimp apiece that are between 3/4-7/8" long. That was true of yours, but mine had two mullet about 8" apiece in his tummy. Good thing he didn't spit 'em up in the live well or we would have lost about a quarter pound.

FYI-I have your coat and what ever else you left in my truck.

Thanks for fishing with me Jeff; hope we can do it again shortly.
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. And we will understand only what we are taught.
birddog
Site Sponsor

Post by birddog »

Good job, fellas. :thumbup: :thumbup:
GULP! free since 1970.
jsuber
Site Sponsor

Post by jsuber »

I'll get the axe if your done cleaning the fish.
GAJOEY
Site Sponsor

Post by GAJOEY »

Looks like you are becoming the man to beat on any given tourney jsuber..good deal :thumbup: :thumbup:
Watch out for the one who brings a spoon to a knife fight..he is either really stupid or really good with a spoon. <')))><
jsuber
Site Sponsor

Post by jsuber »

Don't start saying that, I've been fortunate to fish with folks who are luckier than,and fishing better than me and we have been catching fish. Believe me when I say that soon as one of us hooked up, the other was casting right in there and hooking up the partner Red. We cast to lots of fish that waked right up to the bait and wouldn't take it, and then there were other Reds that would pick up my spoon when I dead sticked it right in front of them. The only persons to thank for our good fortune is Capt Mike and his awesome spoons and all of you, who post advice and speak to our clubs and advise us on how to fish this area and teach us to incorporate your ideas into our own style of fishing. We are learning right here from each others good fortune and bad days. Support your local forum, Post!
GAJOEY
Site Sponsor

Post by GAJOEY »

...You have put yourself in the right spots with the right people thats for sure.there may be a bit more to it than luck.Luck is when you land a 12 lb bass on your first fishing trip.You do your homework it shows.
Watch out for the one who brings a spoon to a knife fight..he is either really stupid or really good with a spoon. <')))><
jsuber
Site Sponsor

Post by jsuber »

Well hopefully you can point me to some of these at Lake Blackshear.

GAJOEY
Site Sponsor

Post by GAJOEY »

jsuber wrote:Well hopefully you can point me to some of these at Lake Blackshear.

Blackshear ain't like them Flordia lakes

that's just SIC !!!!!!!!!!!!! :o