Amberjack Anyone?

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

grouperboy
Site Sponsor

Amberjack Anyone?

Post by grouperboy »

Total Bust last year- I didn't get any of those "Crowd Pleasers" last year at all.

I used to always get a couple at the towers or Bryson and then move off to catch grouper- it would take some of the pressure off to put fish in the boat for my crew.

Anybody seeing them yet? March 15 wil be here before you know it, and we all will be out in Fed waters.
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Re: Amberjack Anyone?

Post by MudDucker »

grouperboy wrote:Total Bust last year- I didn't get any of those "Crowd Pleasers" last year at all.

I used to always get a couple at the towers or Bryson and then move off to catch grouper- it would take some of the pressure off to put fish in the boat for my crew.

Anybody seeing them yet? March 15 wil be here before you know it, and we all will be out in Fed waters.
If I want that many worms, I'll go to the bait store. :smt011 If I want that kind of excitement reeling something in, I'll tie my anchor to a flyrod. :smt005
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
Good Times

Post by Good Times »

64# amber jack wore me out on time. I thought I had my Grandfathers team of mules on. :lol:
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

Two weeks ago my brother and I watched a couple fellas at the K tower catch em one after the other, many times they was both hooked up :thumbup: We tried em with our frozen bait and caught a couple small ones :thumbdown: they was throwing jigs and having a ball :beer: :beer:
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

I got disgusted with them when I used to fish the kingfish tournament trail. Those suckers would tear up your rigs and then it was like reeling up an anchor trying to fall to the bottom. I finally split a 20lber open one day and man, I've never seen so many worms in my whole life.
Sir reel
Site Sponsor

Post by Sir reel »

Don't mean to derail this thread but some of the best eat'n fish I've had was to cut the shoulders out of a big AJ. Cut just above what would be the lateral line to the top and take it out. Then cut the loin into steaks about 3/4 inch. Meat looked like pork chops. I took some and Salted and peppered, coated with mustard and fried up real tastey! The rest I just floured and fried in grease. If your ever on a party boat when a yankee catches one...you'll hear em ask "are they good to eat?'..... the mates always say " well ....ya can smoke em"...at that point the tourist's usually give em to the mates who glady take em. :D
"Good Judgement" comes from experience, ... and a lot of that..... results from "Bad Judgement".
Flint River Pirate
Site Sponsor

Post by Flint River Pirate »

Is Amberjack the worst about worms? I have notices it many time, to the point I don't want to clean them myself?? I haven't seen that many in other fish. What is the deal?
Team Jolly Mon
BAD BEHAVIOR
Site Sponsor

Post by BAD BEHAVIOR »

Worms = Protein ;-)
A wise person pays attention to correction that will improve his life...... Proverbs 15:31 ICB <")))))>*<

TEAM BAD BEHAVIOR
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

BAD BEHAVIOR wrote:Worms = Protein ;-)

Worms = Protein fit for gators only :o