Keaton Beach 3-6, stormy.

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Keaton Beach 3-6, stormy.

Post by DixieReb »

Me and a buddy played hooky from werk and went to Keaton today. Din't get there until about 2 pm but were in fish soon as we stopped. Mostly shorts, 2 good keepers and some short bass. It was cloudy when we got there but waves were do-able so we fished on. Moved to Adams Beach area when spot # 1 played out, had just set up a drift over good-looking bottom and the wind picked up like ya wouldn't believe. Had to run back to Keaton in some of the worst wind I ever saw, we both got soaked to the skin with raingear on. Needless to say, the fishing was done. The wind came in so sudden we never saw it coming, out of the west I think. You guys on the tourney, be careful this weekend. If you go out, watch that wind. It was really bad. :o
Yours in the South
Barhopr
Site Sponsor

Re: Keaton Beach 3-6, stormy.

Post by Barhopr »

least you got to go and caught fish.
VIVA la BT

Image_______________Image
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

Beats wherk'n Jesse :thumbup: :thumbup:
Reel Slow
Site Sponsor

Post by Reel Slow »

We left right on time I guess! Didn't see that storm coming so early. Bummer.
Talltails

Post by Talltails »

That flare up in the gulf seemingly came out of no where :o Thanks for the report :thumbup:
KarstRanger
Site Sponsor

Post by KarstRanger »

Had the same thing happen to us out of Suwannee River mouth a couple of weeks ago. Eerie. Marine forecast said 2-3 feet and going to 1-2 feet in the afternoon. Sure it was. We got out 5 miles and it started getting so rough we turned around, and then found that the wind from the West was really kicking up - could only go about 4 mph. Never taken so many waves into the cockpit -- wished I had a bigger boat. Maybe now I convince the wife that for safety I need a 26 footer :-D
[as dropship enters atmosphere] "We're in the pipe, five by five."
BAD BEHAVIOR
Site Sponsor

Post by BAD BEHAVIOR »

That storm didnt come from nowhere, it came up out the gulf. I know because Ive been watching the dayum thing all day on radar from the office and trying to will it somewhere besides Keaton. Messed up my plans of winning BB her first tourney!!!!! :smt009 Good Report and glad you boys got out alright! :beer:
A wise person pays attention to correction that will improve his life...... Proverbs 15:31 ICB <")))))>*<

TEAM BAD BEHAVIOR
CATCH 22

Post by CATCH 22 »

March blows, glad Ya'll made it back safe
You’ve reached middle age when all you exercise is caution.
Eerman
Site Sponsor

Post by Eerman »

Made it back safe and caught some fish to boot :thumbup:
"Why does Sea World have a seafood restaurant?? I'm halfway through my fish burger and I realize, Oh man....I could be eating a slow learner."
Reel Cowboy
Site Sponsor

Post by Reel Cowboy »

You got out, caught some fish and made it back although a little wet, sounds like a good day.
In the words of the great Doc Holliday, "I'll be your huckleberry"
tin can
Site Sponsor

Post by tin can »

Glad y'all got back in OK.
What was I supposed to do today?
flounderpounder
Site Sponsor

Post by flounderpounder »

Wow tough weather yesterday in the afternoon, glad you guys got um for a bit. :thumbup: :beer:
dolphinatic
Advertising Sponsor

Post by dolphinatic »

The wind did the same thing to us at Econfina yesterday. One minute it was fine.....the next we had this :o

The picture doesn't really do the wind justice.....probably was blowing steady at 20-25 with higher gusts..

Glad you guys made it in safe :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
"Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof." Proverbs 18:21

Team BevisRealty.com
KarstRanger
Site Sponsor

Post by KarstRanger »

dolphinatic wrote:The wind did the same thing to us at Econfina yesterday. One minute it was fine.....the next we had this :o

The picture doesn't really do the wind justice.....probably was blowing steady at 20-25 with higher gusts..

Glad you guys made it in safe :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
In all good humor, your picture looks about like somebody's swimming pool :smt005 But you have a believer in me that it gets incredibly rough out there in just a minute. My latest song for the wife is "All I want for christmas is my very own EPIRB !!" :D
[as dropship enters atmosphere] "We're in the pipe, five by five."
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Post by DixieReb »

I bet you guys were glad to be in the river when that stuff hit. I have never been out there and felt the wind that strong, it felt like it was going to flip my 17 ft. CC boat. All my partner could think to say was, " THIS IS REALLY AMAZING!" He was holding on for dear life by the console rail and we both got slapped with cold waves over the starboard side. I hope I never get back into stuff like that, but hey, if I keep fishing I probably will. Makes ya pray a lot! :)
Yours in the South