Yall know what really burns my azz???

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

BAD BEHAVIOR
Site Sponsor

Re: Yall know what really burns my azz???

Post by BAD BEHAVIOR »

Never mind, I forgot Greenspan quit. Wonderful day to go get raped at the gas pumps again. I swear I keep wondering when the pumps will have online credit apps...... :smt009
A wise person pays attention to correction that will improve his life...... Proverbs 15:31 ICB <")))))>*<

TEAM BAD BEHAVIOR
Team Bad Company

Post by Team Bad Company »

Whaa, whaa, whaa. These increased gas costs don't hurt you near as bad when your making $50k+/yr as do these diesel prices when your making $9k/year. And then there are those like my G/F who uses about 5 gallons a week. A 10 gallon fill up goes for two weeks. So gas now costs her $32.50 for 2 weeks. If "OMG NO!" gas goes to $4/gallon her costs will increase $7.50, or $3.75/week. - You pick your situation and quit whinin'! :lol:
GAJOEY wrote:The gas prices are hurting everyone. But in 1996 gas was $1.55 a gal. the starting pay for the plant for which I work was $ 6.50 per hr now starting pay is $10.50 per hr. Top pay was $16.00 per hr. Now the average person working at the plant where I work makes some where between $16.00 and $25.00 per hr. Point is most of us make more money than we used to.
:o Where is this plant that you work at!? I am avaiable to start tomarrow. :-D ...

Three years ago I got a raise from $6.15/hr to $8/hr. That said, fuel was well under $2/gallon and fairly steady (gas & diesel). I bought an F350 (diesel - cheaper than gas and better mpg - easily tow the boat) and a 23' boat. Fuel costs were not that much of an issue to fish offshore all weekend. A year and a half ago fuel was down to $1.99 (gas and diesel). On my way to work Friday a.m. diesel was $4.19 at the BP. I still make $8/hr. Diesel has more than doubled in a year and a half and I have not gotten a raise, nor do I have a chance to.

It went up this fast... my fill-ups...
$4.19 on my way to work Friday AM, it was $3.39 the time before that, and $3.24 the time before that.

As stated before, downsize...
Here is my problem, I could not give my F350 away, much less sell it. Same with the boat. With gas going up and the NMFS pushing recs out... it is hopeless. Two other problems I have with the boat, it is an inboard and draws 2'... that limits its inshore capabilities to some extent and I don't really care to inshore fish.

I've had to start bumming fuel $$$ from my parents just to get to my classes and to work and the boat is collecting pollen in my yard. One upside is that I've lost a few lbs by not eating lunch to save that money for fuel. My quailty of life has :thumbdown: greatly in the past year, but I won't complain too much... I was lucky to be born here.

my thinking...
I can't see why you hear no media stories on this steep jolt in diesel prices. Gasoline does not fuel our country... Diesel fuels our country. For most people gas going from $3/gal to $4 a gallon means an extra $5 a week. Diesel going from $1.99/gal to $4.19+ in less than a year and a half means the cost of transporting everything you buy from food to clothes to building materials more than doubles, costing you more than $5 a week
GAJOEY
Site Sponsor

Post by GAJOEY »

Team Bad Company wrote: :o Where is this plant that you work at!? I am avaiable to start tomarrow. :-D ...
It's a printing comapny in Albany and they are hiring ....come on.

you are right about diesel fueling the country.Now that the diesel prices have soared we will really see an increase in grocerys,clothes and anything else that has to he transported on our roads.The trucking company will pass this cost onto the suppliers by adding higher fuel surcharges which will cause the suppliers to pass this on to the customers :thumbdown: .I assure you companys will not take a loss.
Watch out for the one who brings a spoon to a knife fight..he is either really stupid or really good with a spoon. <')))><
RodBow
Site Sponsor

Post by RodBow »

I'm just really looking forward to my $600 GIFT from you - my fellow tax payers. I in turn will help you out with your $600 too.

What a bunch of bunk - stimulate the economy. I will be paying off debt with mine and not returning it into the economy. In the end, its just us paying the $600 and putting the country more into debt.

Oh.. another thing. We had the chance twenty odd years ago to take an ARM when we bought. But it was too much of a risk we thought. Now, it looks like we all will be pulling the ARM holders out of the mud... wish we had known that. I could have enjoyed a lot less in mortgage payments like them for all these years only to be pulled out in the end :oops:
use your opportunities ...

218 Carolina Skiff
25 Bayliner Deck
Charles
Site Sponsor

Post by Charles »

I started working on reducing how much I pay for fuel years ago, by reducing how much I buy and use. It takes a little more planning, but it ain't rocket science. If it were I couldn't do it.

Shortly after I first started out trying to make this reduction, I slashed my weekly consumption, and what I was spending for it, by +/-75%. I don't know how my current consumption compares with back then, I haven't kept track in awhile, but I do know that it's significantly lower than it was before I started.

And the rest of this was just soapbox crap.
rocket
Site Sponsor

Post by rocket »

GAJOEY wrote:The trucking company will pass this cost onto the suppliers by adding higher fuel surcharges which will cause the suppliers to pass this on to the customers :thumbdown: .I assure you companys will not take a loss.
Some businesses cannot pass along these fuel surcharges to the consumer. I dang sure am getting stuck with them, but can't pass them along to my customers...the guy down the street is ready to slash his prices to lure them his way. It's a game of who can go the least right now in construction, but we still shell out for fuel increases. :smt011
Stay Thirsty My Friends
CairoTrout
Site Sponsor

Post by CairoTrout »

Diesel is 2.15 per gallon in Mexico.
All things are possible when you turn your life to Jesus.If you don't know how just ask.
BAD BEHAVIOR
Site Sponsor

Post by BAD BEHAVIOR »

Team Bad Company wrote:Whaa, whaa, whaa. These increased gas costs don't hurt you near as bad when your making $50k+/yr as do these diesel prices when your making $9k/year. And then there are those like my G/F who uses about 5 gallons a week. A 10 gallon fill up goes for two weeks. So gas now costs her $32.50 for 2 weeks. If "OMG NO!" gas goes to $4/gallon her costs will increase $7.50, or $3.75/week. - You pick your situation and quit whinin'! :lol:
GAJOEY wrote:The gas prices are hurting everyone. But in 1996 gas was $1.55 a gal. the starting pay for the plant for which I work was $ 6.50 per hr now starting pay is $10.50 per hr. Top pay was $16.00 per hr. Now the average person working at the plant where I work makes some where between $16.00 and $25.00 per hr. Point is most of us make more money than we used to.
:o Where is this plant that you work at!? I am avaiable to start tomarrow. :-D ...

Three years ago I got a raise from $6.15/hr to $8/hr. That said, fuel was well under $2/gallon and fairly steady (gas & diesel). I bought an F350 (diesel - cheaper than gas and better mpg - easily tow the boat) and a 23' boat. Fuel costs were not that much of an issue to fish offshore all weekend. A year and a half ago fuel was down to $1.99 (gas and diesel). On my way to work Friday a.m. diesel was $4.19 at the BP. I still make $8/hr. Diesel has more than doubled in a year and a half and I have not gotten a raise, nor do I have a chance to.

Whaa, whaaa, whaa youself. You need some cheese with that wine??? Heres a quick economics lesson. Finish your education, grow a set, and take a chance like I did. Also, If all I made was 50k/yr, I wouldnt be concerned with the gas prices of the boat or diesel , cause Id have neither. ;-) I believe you and I have the same concept on our reasoning, that the media should be covering what is really hurting the American consumer,( both you and I),instead of what some racist preacher or what the ex first lesbian, I meant lady :smt009 is Hillaryizing this week! :hammer: Good luck in your future and decide what YOU can do to get out of your 8 buck an hour position rather than giving me crap because Ive been successful a bit , yet still dont like paying twice the amount for fuel than they do just across the border. :thumbup:

It went up this fast... my fill-ups...
$4.19 on my way to work Friday AM, it was $3.39 the time before that, and $3.24 the time before that.

As stated before, downsize...
Here is my problem, I could not give my F350 away, much less sell it. Same with the boat. With gas going up and the NMFS pushing recs out... it is hopeless. Two other problems I have with the boat, it is an inboard and draws 2'... that limits its inshore capabilities to some extent and I don't really care to inshore fish.

I've had to start bumming fuel $$$ from my parents just to get to my classes and to work and the boat is collecting pollen in my yard. One upside is that I've lost a few lbs by not eating lunch to save that money for fuel. My quailty of life has :thumbdown: greatly in the past year, but I won't complain too much... I was lucky to be born here.

my thinking...
I can't see why you hear no media stories on this steep jolt in diesel prices. Gasoline does not fuel our country... Diesel fuels our country. For most people gas going from $3/gal to $4 a gallon means an extra $5 a week. Diesel going from $1.99/gal to $4.19+ in less than a year and a half means the cost of transporting everything you buy from food to clothes to building materials more than doubles, costing you more than $5 a week
A wise person pays attention to correction that will improve his life...... Proverbs 15:31 ICB <")))))>*<

TEAM BAD BEHAVIOR
BAD BEHAVIOR
Site Sponsor

Post by BAD BEHAVIOR »

rocket wrote:
GAJOEY wrote:The trucking company will pass this cost onto the suppliers by adding higher fuel surcharges which will cause the suppliers to pass this on to the customers :thumbdown: .I assure you companys will not take a loss.
Some businesses cannot pass along these fuel surcharges to the consumer. I dang sure am getting stuck with them, but can't pass them along to my customers...the guy down the street is ready to slash his prices to lure them his way. It's a game of who can go the least right now in construction, but we still shell out for fuel increases. :smt011
I feel ya bro. Same way in the home furnishings business.

TEAM BAD BEHAVIOR
Bow'd Up

Post by Bow'd Up »

I love all this whining about gas prices. Here is a real biotch about fuel. I own part of a 155 tractor trailer fleet and for the first two months of the year,we spent 1/2 million dollars in fuel keeping our trucks moving down the road moving consumable goods to everyone involved in this forum including my family................I ain't got the answer, and several peoples have got some good idears, but as of today, the national average of fuel is 3.99 per gallon for diesel. Take that and figure 200 gallons per day per truck for 155 trucks....................Dang, now I have really got a complaint............Yep, I don't want to pay that for fuel but remember that the next time you go into the store and they ain't got no toilet paper to sell because the big truck could not make the delivery due to fuel prices. Wipe your arse on an oak leaf.
Team Bad Company

Post by Team Bad Company »

Bow'd, I feel you, read my post.

I know you guys probably have already signed contracts for months ahead with no foreseeing the overnight $1/gallon increase. Not good stuff. :thumbdown:
RD
Site Sponsor

Post by RD »

rocket wrote:
It's the same way in commercial fishing ,right now I am getting the same prices for stone crabs we got in 1992.
The main problem we have is refinery's,even before the 3 went down all were running 24/7.We are using it as fast as they can produce it,the only way prices will come down is when the storage tanks are full and production starts cutting back.
Somebody brought up drilling,we are sitting on the largest natural gas reserve in the world right here,time to start using it.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.
Benjamin Franklin 1759
chugbug

Post by chugbug »

You can stop buying from this or that brand station and it won't make a difference. They will sell their fuel through different venues. They are all in bed together and there is nothing anyone can do to stop it. Simple as that. Don't buy from Shell or Exxon, they'll sell it through an unbranded store like Fuel South or Quik-E mart. Doesn't matter. They will get their money.
What a mess

Post by What a mess »

I just talked with the lady next door's son from Texas. He says all the drilling and pumping is done by machines that run off of diesle, he works on those machines and is in the group of folks that buy where the fuel for those machines is distributed. He paid $1.50 per gallon last week it was white fuel (didn't have all the additives) but runs his Dodge 3500 well. He said it is a scam plain and simple. No shortage, or supply and demand B.S. plenty of fuel is made every day. It is a scam the elite few are raiding the coffers of the USA accumulating wealth they could never ever spend just to be able to say they have it. It is a game like Monopoly but they are doing it with real dollars not play money. This is a Halburton type scam that our elected officials are helping to conduct to impoverish the American people and enrich thier families and freinds and the speacial interest groups that fund thier election efforts. We are one step closer to knowing the truth, there are those that are not happy we have what we have so they found a way to take it away from us legally. The pen is truely mightier than the sword. They have made thievery legal and consider it moral and just. If I was to steal I'd do it face to face with a gun a thief is a thief dressing it up is like putting perfume on a pig. They are posting record profits while businesses and families are going bankrupt and being evected from there homes. Most of us could care less because it doesn't effect us in that large a way. When your kids move back in because they can't afford to live and your huddled up under one roof or your parents move in we will think it is important then.

Also did Heath say he was just in Mexico and it's $2.00 a gallon WTF???? Why would it be 1/2 as much. we drilled it refined it and transported it but they get for 1/2 as much???????????
Yesterday it was taboo today it is normal what the heck will they be doing tomorrow?
BAD BEHAVIOR
Site Sponsor

Post by BAD BEHAVIOR »

Team Bad Company wrote:Bow'd, I feel you, read my post.

I know you guys probably have already signed contracts for months ahead with no foreseeing the overnight $1/gallon increase. Not good stuff. :thumbdown:
Its called a fuel surcharge. That varies day to day also. Its the reason everything at the stores is so high. Its also the only way the trucking companies(Americas lifelines) can stay in business. Again, I say the government needs to step in and force the manufacturers hands. They can make a duramax diesel that gets 27mpg. I know, Ihad one in '03. Definitely not knocking Bow'd up, been best friends since we were three years old, thats just the way it is.

TEAM BAD BEHAVIOR