shore fishing

Use this area to post freshwater fishing reports from the area lakes and rivers. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Sea Gurl

shore fishing

Post by Sea Gurl »

I have a request from a co-worker asking me to ask you fresh water fisherfolks where he can go fish off a bank - either a lake or a river. Bass or panfish. Within 50 miles of Tally.

Thanks,
Sea Gurl
GoneFishin

Re: shore fishing

Post by GoneFishin »

To many places to name..where to start? Talquin has a bunch of docks if thats what he's looking for, whereas iamonia, micosucci, and jackson all can be fished from the shore. Those are the big lakes I would reccommend, smaller lakes can be found all over town, as well as rivers such as oclochnee which can be fished from county rd 12, old bainbridge, and 90 W... and don't forget about the st marks ponds at the lighthouse...ive seen some great fish caught off those banks.
"Who ever invented work didn't know how to fish."
Sea Gurl

Post by Sea Gurl »

Thanks GoneFishin

I showed him your reply and he now realizes what a broad question that was. He'll look into some of those suggestions.

Have a great weekend!

Sea Gurl
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

The best answer is......anywhere you can get to fresh water. Ditches, creeks, lakes, ponds, anywhere.
East river pools at St. Marks. Western Sloughs down Hwy 98 east. Aucilla River off Hwy 98. Wacissa River.
Too many places to name.
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
RodBow
Site Sponsor

Post by RodBow »

:( they covered the Orange Avenue creek.. don't know where the crowd went - probably Lake Munson
use your opportunities ...

218 Carolina Skiff
25 Bayliner Deck
Sea Gurl

Post by Sea Gurl »

Thanks folks,

I guess his question was as broad as "where can I salt water fish 'round here"? :oops: Being as he's one of the bosses it's better that you all brought that to his attention than I.

SG
Swampbugs

Post by Swampbugs »

One of my favorites is along the Ochlocknee just above Lake Talquin at picnic point. Not as much traffic as the landings and docks. It's on a tract of State Forest and you get to it off of Central Rd. in Midway. There's also a trail off of the nearby loop rd on the same tract of state forest that takes you down a short walk (50yds or so) to Talquin right where the river comes in. They are near each other.

This should get him a map

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/Tallahasse ... :f:EN:M:/e" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The loop takes you to the trail by the lake, the road coming out to the river that is in the middle is Picnic Point and the one on the right is a nice little cut just back up the river.