Flounder Rigs

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Capt Reggie
Site Sponsor

Flounder Rigs

Post by Capt Reggie »

:roll: Hey out there in flounder land. Anybody have some advice for the 'ole Capt. about some favorite flounder rigs? I love to catch 'em & eat 'em, but they have been avoiding me lately! I should have caught some last trip out of Aucilla, but they didn't find any of our offering suitable. :smt005 That got me to thinking about asking some of you for what works for you, especially around those oyster bars, creek mouths, and sand flats or rocky stuff we shallow water guys love to fish. I've read about rigging up some spinner/floating hooks on weighted tackle and using live chub minnows & shrimp fished slowly in certain areas. Is that method any good or what? I saw my son beat me like a wash woman with that darn gold spoon on flounder out of Steinhatchee for my birthday, but I didn't do doodly squat the other day throwing the spoon - except for reds & ladyfish (not a problem, really, I'm not complaining). 8) Any advice would be most welcomed and I'll return the favor for some other hot fish catching action for you! :thumbup:
My hobby is Smart Outdoors, LLC.
gonefishing

Re: Flounder Rigs

Post by gonefishing »

.25 oz barrel .then bead[red] then swivel then 18in shock leader then circle .......

try this next,its called dredging...it takes two rods.one for dredging.use a few oz weights 10ft off the boat on bottom.100ft back drag above rig with mud minnow,use wind or tm slowly,they use this in ca for grouper i tried it and found it rocks on every thing,but redfish[too spooky]

or it depends how your boat is rigged,i have a micro aircompressor 6in/6in i drag a 3/4 in hose along the bottom it has made a difference,but i dont put a lot of faith in it happy hunting
Barhopr
Site Sponsor

Post by Barhopr »

?Huh? :smt017
VIVA la BT

Image_______________Image
Reel Cowboy
Site Sponsor

Post by Reel Cowboy »

gonefishing wrote:.25 oz barrel .then bead[red] then swivel then 18in shock leader then circle .......

try this next,its called dredging...it takes two rods.one for dredging.use a few oz weights 10ft off the boat on bottom.100ft back drag above rig with mud minnow,use wind or tm slowly,they use this in ca for grouper i tried it and found it rocks on every thing,but redfish[too spooky]

or it depends how your boat is rigged,i have a micro aircompressor 6in/6in i drag a 3/4 in hose along the bottom it has made a difference,but i dont put a lot of faith in it happy hunting
Not to sound stupid but could you speak in full sentences or maybe complete thoughts?
In the words of the great Doc Holliday, "I'll be your huckleberry"
Capt Reggie
Site Sponsor

Post by Capt Reggie »

gonefishing wrote:.25 oz barrel .then bead[red] then swivel then 18in shock leader then circle .......

:thumbup: Thanks, GF! I understand your drift (or, "dredging", as it were). I'll try to give it a try next time (or, at least the mud minnows). :o What's with the "aircompressor"? Do they use that in "ca" as well? :roll:
My hobby is Smart Outdoors, LLC.
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

NFGFC JUNE guest speaker is a flounder expert.
Mr. Larry Sanders is going to tell everyone how and were to catch flounder.
I love 'em too. I know I will pay attention to what he says.
WHOSE FISH IS IT?