deflowered

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

boggob
Site Sponsor

deflowered

Post by boggob »

I lost my virginity today. I guess there is no going back. I'm now ruined for life. Launched and headed out, following some friends. We caught a variety of fish and I personally caught a Remora, Trout, Spanish Mackerel, Rock Bass, a small Grouper, and the highlight (which coincidentally is what we were after):

This fool was run all over the boat for at least, 20 minutes, seemed like more.

It was a beast:

Unfortunately, us newbies weren't prepared for the task at hand. No gaff and he was too big for the net:

We lost a few others.
I guess today's trip will hold me over for the week.
Flint River Pirate
Site Sponsor

Re: deflowered

Post by Flint River Pirate »

What were you catching them on?
Team Jolly Mon
Redbelly
Site Sponsor

Post by Redbelly »

Looks like y'all had fun! :thumbup:

How does that Panga work out? Have you gone up shallow in the creeks? How does it do in a chop? Dry and smooth?
Work 2 fish 4 days

1988 vintage 1436 Fisher Jon
1992 vintage 15 hp Merc
Reel Cowboy
Site Sponsor

Post by Reel Cowboy »

Nice cobe.
Where were you fishing out of?
In the words of the great Doc Holliday, "I'll be your huckleberry"
flounderpounder
Site Sponsor

Post by flounderpounder »

Nice fish guys!!! :thumbup: :beer:
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Post by DixieReb »

Bummer, I hate to lose a good fish.Sounds like an exciting day, lots of action. That last cobe put a good bend in your rod, the pics are awesome. The new Panga is broken-in, now!
Yours in the South
boggob
Site Sponsor

Post by boggob »

Nothing like fish guts and blood to formally break her in. Went out of Sticky Icky on pinfish. All the other feesh were on white jigs. I'll have a gaff on board in the future. :wink: As far as the boat, its riding high and dry! The only wetting I get now is a fine salty mist on my glasses, occasionally (Even in the channel at St Marks last Saturday AM)
big bend gyrene

Post by big bend gyrene »

See it didn't take long to test the Panga's versatility :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

REALLY great post, including the photos of the cobia fight! After losing the big one due to the lack of the gaff it may be tempting to horse the next big one in quickly, but be careful - - the green ones sure can do a number on the boat, you, and any other gear on board :wink:

Again, GREAT report :thumbup: :beer:
"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank GOD for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945
DAWG FAN

Post by DAWG FAN »

Where did you get that poling platform from? My friend has the exact same boat and wants to get one but he hasn't been able to get one that wide.
2012 Sea Fox 200XT-SOLD
2003 16' Sundance Skiff
2013 40 HP Mercury Bigfoot
2017 Sea Fox XTS Viper
2017 150hp Yamaha SHO
boggob
Site Sponsor

Post by boggob »

Its not mine but I think they said they picked it up in Perry (from Jack's Boats maybe). I can try to find out for sure. I remember them saying that is was pretty cheap too since its inside the transom (rather than behind it an over the motor).