Alligator Point.

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Reel Addiction
Site Sponsor

Alligator Point.

Post by Reel Addiction »

I imagined some where it was the unofficial "take a Marine fishing day" so I called my Brother In Law, retired Major g8rman, and informed him of the unofficial holiday. I explained I had developed a hard case of the sniffles and needed some fresh salty air to make me feel better. He told me to call in sick to work and off we went. We put in at the stakes and we went fishing. Ten minutes after wetting our lines the Major nets a 20' trout on a top water. Not wanting to be our fished, I tossed a chug bug and landed a monster dukie fish. After the first hour, the Major has three trout in the box and I have unlimited dukie fish.

We fished most of the day and what a strange day it was. We thought we were fishing an incoming tide but did not see a great day of water movement. Secondly, the wind would blow and chop the water and than stop blowing just as fast. The water surface would go from white caps to glass smooth time and again. The fish bite was the same. We would experience aggressive bites where we were hooked up every cast and than nothing for long periods of time. We would catch fish with the wind blowing and than catch them without the wind. Very hard to figure out! We tried moving locations to find the hungry fish, but ended up just waiting them out in one location. We caught fish on top water, shrimp under a CT, gulps, and pin fish, but never found the magic bait.

We were on the water for nine hours and put seven trout, three flounder, two reds, and one mac in the box. The Major also managed one 20' cobia on a gulp. Other than the fact that I lost all the competitive wagers ( first, biggest, most) it was a great day of fishing. I also feel I did my patriotic duty by allowing one of the few, the proud, etc. to score another victory on this unofficial holiday.
RodBow
Site Sponsor

Re: Alligator Point.

Post by RodBow »

Sounds like you did your duty.

When you say AP, is that in the bay, along St. Theresa, or outside?
use your opportunities ...

218 Carolina Skiff
25 Bayliner Deck
Reel Addiction
Site Sponsor

Post by Reel Addiction »

We worked our way up to the point working along St. Theresa. We just have a little gheenee so we dare not venture outside!
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Post by DixieReb »

Very good. Your day sounds almost like ours, 3 of us had 8 trout, 5 sea bass , 3 nice reds and a flounder with 7 hrs, of hard fishing. But it's fun, aint it? We noticed the wind doing the same thing you did, and not much water movement. :smt004
Last edited by DixieReb on May 14th, 2008, 8:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
Yours in the South
tin can
Site Sponsor

Post by tin can »

Well done. I'm sure the major enjoyed the victories.
What was I supposed to do today?
whitebc
Site Sponsor

Post by whitebc »

sounds like a good time to me! :thumbup: good job
A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the telephone.
Dubble Trubble
Site Sponsor

Post by Dubble Trubble »

You did a lot better than I did. We surf fished at AP sat thru tuesday, and all we had to show for it was some hardheads and a hammerhead.... :smt009

But, The :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: and the great view helped numb the pain. The water was unusually green and clear though..

Dubble :thumbup:
The more I know about something, the more I know that I did not know as much as I thought I knew that I knew.
BAD BEHAVIOR
Site Sponsor

Post by BAD BEHAVIOR »

REEL ADDICTION, THIS IS YOUR BOSS, STOP BY MY OFFICE AND PICK UP YOUR LAST CHECK AND PINK SLIP!!! HOPE YOUR SINUS INFECTION GETS BETTER!!!! :-D
A wise person pays attention to correction that will improve his life...... Proverbs 15:31 ICB <")))))>*<

TEAM BAD BEHAVIOR
caseycook

Post by caseycook »

Good day on the water RA...it sure beat what I was doing yesterday!
Boom goes the dynamite.
jsuber
Site Sponsor

Post by jsuber »

Semper Phi
g8rman

Post by g8rman »

RA,

Had a great time and appreciate the hospitality and the fishing. You were right on time as I was really jonesing for a tug on the line. I sure am glad there are a few folks out there that still appreciate our veterans and what they do for our country. For me, my time is over, but there are a lot of kids out there still giving it their all. Let's try to remember them on these"unofficial holidays" (take a jarhead fishing day). Can't wait till next time.
SEMPER FIsh