Flounder LIghts?

Need to buy or sell something, post it here.(Only Sponsor Businesses Please)

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

whitebc
Site Sponsor

Flounder LIghts?

Post by whitebc »

:smt100 Does anyone know where I can buy some lights to mount on the front on my boat for gigging flounder? :smt100 I looked on Bass Pro and Boaters world but did not see anything that looked like what I need...
A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the telephone.
RHTFISH
Site Sponsor

Re: Flounder LIghts?

Post by RHTFISH »

http://shop.seastriker.com/fllipa.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.
Jon Boat

Post by Jon Boat »

RMS in Panacea used to have them. Thats where we got ours that look just like those years ago.
Flint River Pirate
Site Sponsor

Post by Flint River Pirate »

whitebc wrote::smt100 Does anyone know where I can buy some lights to mount on the front on my boat for gigging flounder? :smt100 I looked on Bass Pro and Boaters world but did not see anything that looked like what I need...
Whitebc, I like that polling platform. When did you put that on? It looks good.
Team Jolly Mon
whitebc
Site Sponsor

Post by whitebc »

Flint River Pirate wrote: Whitebc, I like that polling platform. When did you put that on? It looks good.
I got it done last week, got to try it out this weekend and it seemed to hold up fine with me on it. I like the way it turned out too, THANKS!! :thumbup:
A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the telephone.
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

If your going to be doing a lot of gigging, get some one to make you a three sided waist high leaning rail. We used to do it in St. Augustine. He made lights that you would lower underwater then turn on. That rail and an L shaped bracket( for getting them off the gig) Were mounted to a removable front deck that clamped on the boat. Back when you could we gigged as many as 120 flounder over 4 pounds and have a dozen or 2 sheephead thrown in. :-D He also used a 16' closet rod(wood) with a homemade stainless gig on the end.
What a mess

Post by What a mess »

go to fishinglightsetc.com
also do a search here I think there was a great thread about it last year here.
Yesterday it was taboo today it is normal what the heck will they be doing tomorrow?
bbb

Post by bbb »

Thats a picture of my light setup.
http://www.fishinglightsetc.com/Flounderlight3.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I take my trolling motor off of the minn kota bracket and put the light rig in. The lights sit about 2 inches below the waterline. This 4 light rig will require 2 deep cycle batteries. Running 2 lights off each battery will get you around 10 hours of use.

The rig throws 5ft of light off each side of the boat and about 5 feet in front of the boat. With lights and pvc, it cost $120+- to make it, plus the batteries. I've had some success with this rig around here.

Sheephead like the lights too

bocephus

Post by bocephus »

bbb,
how do you move around trolling motor on the transom,pushpole? also how many batterys do you take for a night of giggin' ?
bbb

Post by bbb »

We use the tide to move us and the gigs to steer us around.

2 deep cycles for the light rig.
What a mess

Post by What a mess »

i saw a guy with a little boat he had the motor in gear idling a long, he did the stearing with the gig running the shoreline at mexico beach
Yesterday it was taboo today it is normal what the heck will they be doing tomorrow?
CAPTAIN CHARLIE
Site Sponsor

Post by CAPTAIN CHARLIE »

Don't buy them make them!

All you need is one of the strtofoam short surf boards the kids buy at WalMArt. MAybe $5.00
One rubber light receptical, one 12 volt 100 watt bulb, some electrical tape, and about 15 ft of zip cord. (lamp wire) two clips.

Cut a round hole in the middle of the surf board. Make light waterproof with tape. Drop in light recepticle. attach with light metal strip and screws.

Buy 10ft. 3/4" pcv pipe, an elbow. Cut off one foot, attach to elbow, and attach that to 6x6 inch piece of plywood, screw that into the boggie board.
it will float in front of the boat, you can walk with it, and pull it in short when you gig.

I made one and love it.

Charlie

PM me for more info.
FLAT BROKE CHARTERS (RETIRED)
VERY AFFORDABLE FLATS FISHING
U.S.C.G. MASTERS LISC. AUX. SAIL
850 893-1050 cell 212-0660