Lightweight Trolling Batteries

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Re: Lightweight Trolling Batteries

Post by MudDucker »

BAD BEHAVIOR wrote:Heath cant lose 50 lbs, that would be his head!! That Gourd head bastid!!!
Now here you are with great friends who are concerned for your well being and only trying to help you shrink as a person and what do you do....you viciously attack them...you big bastid you :smt005 :smt005
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

Thomasville tractor sells interstate marine batteries.229-226-9314 BB did I see the Triton on pavo rd yesterday eve? :-D
BAD BEHAVIOR
Site Sponsor

Post by BAD BEHAVIOR »

Hit-n-Miss wrote:Thomasville tractor sells interstate marine batteries.229-226-9314 BB did I see the Triton on pavo rd yesterday eve? :-D

Yes, I am gonna go Sunday. Pulled it over to the cabin, gotta work on this side of the world for the next few days. Plannin on going and doing a little prefish for the JUne tourney. Oh yea and MD, KMA.
A wise person pays attention to correction that will improve his life...... Proverbs 15:31 ICB <")))))>*<

TEAM BAD BEHAVIOR
birddog
Site Sponsor

Post by birddog »

If you want good service don't call Thomasville Tractor. :smt011
GULP! free since 1970.
BAD BEHAVIOR
Site Sponsor

Post by BAD BEHAVIOR »

birddog wrote:If you want good service don't call Thomasville Tractor. :smt011
:thumbup:
A wise person pays attention to correction that will improve his life...... Proverbs 15:31 ICB <")))))>*<

TEAM BAD BEHAVIOR
whitebc
Site Sponsor

Post by whitebc »

We sell interstate batteries at Waukeenah Fertilizer, probably a long drive from your parts, but none the less we have them. Just need to know what kind and size. 850-997-4460 Ben
A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the telephone.
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

AC Delco, Deka, odyssey, optima blue tops would be my choice

Optima Blue tops are not a good choice for a 12 volt system, they do not take a full drain of power well...I've had my optima's (same batteries) on a 12 volt and 24 volt system - night and day difference in performance.

Odyssey - my only beef with these batteries are that the weight savings to reserve capacity is not that great.

Optima D34M - 120 Min reserve and weigh 44 lbs
Odyssey PC1200 - 78 Min reserve and weigh 38 lbs
That is only a 6 lb savings

Delco Voyager Group 24 - 125 min reserve and weigh in at 43.7 lbs

Here's the math on a flat bottom type boat: "The XF20 hull weighs 450 lbs as designed. At a displacement of 1,000+ lbs, equal to two or three fishermen, engine and gear, the draft will be only 3". The buoyancy and stability are impressive: it takes 413 lbs to increase the draft by one inch." Not your boat, but a good example to show you what type of weight it takes to increase draft

So when we talk about two batteries that range in weight from 76 lbs to 100 lbs your really splitting frog hairs on your type boat. If you had a technical poling skiff we would be singing a different song.

That said I would buy something like AC Delco or Optima's that you can get locally and if you have any issues in two years you can carry them back.

If you really want to save on weight don't carry a 120 qt cooler full of ice and drinks. Don't carry a cast net, don't install a fixed VHF and antenna...buy a handheld...your on a flats boat, if the boat breaks, get out and walk back. Buy a light cooler, pick up an ICEY Tek and then pick up a Coleman, your not buying ice for an expedition into the bush. There are many ways to save weight in a boat.

Smart money would be on some Group 24 AC Delco Voyagers IMO
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

BAD BEHAVIOR wrote:
Hit-n-Miss wrote:Thomasville tractor sells interstate marine batteries.229-226-9314 BB did I see the Triton on pavo rd yesterday eve? :-D

Yes, I am gonna go Sunday. Pulled it over to the cabin, gotta work on this side of the world for the next few days. Plannin on going and doing a little prefish for the JUne tourney. Oh yea and MD, KMA.
I'll be at Ecky Sun hail me on ch 14 :-D
BAD BEHAVIOR
Site Sponsor

Post by BAD BEHAVIOR »

10-4 Hit-n-miss.

TEAM BAD BEHAVIOR
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

BAD BEHAVIOR wrote:Oh yea and MD, KMA.

If I were so inclined, at least I wouldn't have a hard time finding it :smt005 :smt005 :smt005
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
tin can
Site Sponsor

Post by tin can »

Delco voyager
What was I supposed to do today?
Barhopr
Site Sponsor

Post by Barhopr »

This light weight Battery thread is turning into BB"s Light weight Skiff Thread....it keeps getting heavier and heavier. :wink:
VIVA la BT

Image_______________Image
Reel Cowboy
Site Sponsor

Post by Reel Cowboy »

Get yourself a couple of monkeys to turn the trolling motor prop really fast. Nannars are cheaper in the long run.
In the words of the great Doc Holliday, "I'll be your huckleberry"