24 Ft. Sportcraft Offshore WAC**SOLD**

Need to buy or sell something, post it here.(Only Sponsor Businesses Please)

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

cutbait

24 Ft. Sportcraft Offshore WAC**SOLD**

Post by cutbait »

1988 Sportcraft 242 Offshore. 24 foot Walk Around Cuddy Cabin. Bimini Top with full zip-on cockpit enclosure. Brand new springs on trailer, never been in the water. 130 gal. gas tank. Cabin has bathroom and sink. LOTS of storage space. Eagle color sonar and Loran included. Motor is a 2.7 Liter Seadrive Outboard, which is basically a 225 HP Johnson/Envinrude V6 Looper. Motor has great compression, many new parts (fuel pump, power packs, timer base, plugs, and wires) but mechanic says it needs a stator. Cylinders 2,4 and 6 are not firing. Boat is rock solid and ready for big water just needs a little more motor tweaking. $3000.00 OBO, motivated to sell. Boat is located in Starke, FL (30 miles South of Jacksonville.) (352)226-0724

Last edited by cutbait on July 22nd, 2008, 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cutbait

Re: 24 Ft. Sportcraft Offshore WAC**PRICE REDUCED**

Post by cutbait »

Bump
chugbug

Post by chugbug »

Can you put a different engine on it or does it have to be a sea drive?
KarstRanger
Site Sponsor

Post by KarstRanger »

chugbug wrote:Can you put a different engine on it or does it have to be a sea drive?
It is certainly possible in my opinion, as I was looking for a used outboard a couple of months ago to do just that. The 115 OMC outboard was blown on my 20 ft. Renken (1986) with a Sea Drive setup. It didn't seem feasible to me to remove the Sea Drive hydraulic lift, because if I did, my transom was not shaped right and did not look beefy enough to mount a motor. But rather, I was planning to craft a 1/2" steel plate to bolt to the lift and then mount the outboard on that plate like you would on a transom. Hooking up the steering was going to be a little interesting, also. With the Sea Drive, you get the benefit of having the outboard behind the transom about a foot which helps performance. I gave up because I couldn't afford what folks were wanting for good used outboards in the 115hp range.
[as dropship enters atmosphere] "We're in the pipe, five by five."
chugbug

Post by chugbug »

I have never seen one up close to really know what the mechanics of it are.
KarstRanger
Site Sponsor

Post by KarstRanger »

Well, it is a nicely set up boat for deep water fishing and the price is sure right, but you would have to be willing to do some work to get another outboard mounted on it.
FUTCHCAIRO

Post by FUTCHCAIRO »

THAT LOOKS LIKE A GREAT BOAT. I AM SURE YOU CAN MOUNT ALMOST ANY KIND OF MOTOR ON THAT MOTOR BRACKET, AS LONG AS IT IS A OMC PRODUCT IT WILL WORK. IF OTHER MAKE YOU WOULD HAVE TO CHANGE THE THROTTLE, GEARSHIFT AND WIRING.
PA THE OLD MAN OF THE SEA
FUTCHCAIRO
cutbait

Post by cutbait »

Mounting another outboard to the seadrive unit would take some engineering. However, for what it's worth, the seadrive on this boat works fine. The engine itself ran until the stator went bad. Several new parts were added trying to diagnose the problem (timer, 2 power packs, etc) and it has good compression. If you wanted another engine, the best solution would be to remove the whole unit, seal up the hole in the transom and bolt on a gil bracket. If I were going to keep this boat, I would fix the seadrive engine and run it till it pukes and then bolt on a outboard/gil bracket. When I finally broke down and took it to a bonifide outboard mechanic for diagnosis, he told me the motor still had a bunch of hours left on it should I choose to fix it. That's my opinion, for what it's worth.
KarstRanger
Site Sponsor

Post by KarstRanger »

I'll be derned - a gil bracket. I never heard the term before, but they are apparently fairly common looking out on the internet -- I probably could have found a used one for that 20' Renken sea drive I gave up on. Oh well, live and learn... :hammer:

cutbait

Post by cutbait »

Still for sale. Wanna sell, somebody make me an offer.
cutbait

Post by cutbait »

bump
cutbait

Post by cutbait »

bump
chugbug

Post by chugbug »

My dad is really looking for a boat. He won't be able to see it for a few months as he and my mother are gallavanting across the country. I am hoping I can send him the pictures somehow. He may be able to get them at my sisters house or somewhere along the way.
cutbait

Post by cutbait »

Chug, I sent you a PM.
chugbug

Post by chugbug »

Send you one back...