Thomasville Gas Prices

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

jsuber
Site Sponsor

Thomasville Gas Prices

Post by jsuber »

Why are Thomasville gas prices so high with a lowest price of $3.87?
Tallahasse lowest Price is $3.69 at Sams and 3.85 at Murphys.
Hawaii lowest Gas Prices are $3.81.

Taxes in Georgia are 44.4 cents/gal including the 18,4 cents/gal Federal tax.
Taxes in Florida are 51.6 cents/gal including the 18,4 cents/gal Federal tax.
Taxes in Hawaii are 51 cents/gal including the 18,4 cents/gal Federal tax.

http://api-ec.api.org/statistics/fuelta ... TNotes.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Florida does not pay a income tax so I would expect to make it up off the visiting tourist with higher gas tases, but gas is still cheaper here than i Thomasville, and always has been.

So if the taxes are lower in Georgia, then someone is hiking prices in Thomasville. I guess if you can get away with it.
Sir reel
Site Sponsor

Re: Thomasville Gas Prices

Post by Sir reel »

Frustrat'n ain't it!! :evil: The more numbers there are from as many sources as possible...the more difficult it is to reach any kind of responsibility or accountability for them! Make's perfect sense when someone has a good deal going and wants to keep as many folks in the dark as possible. Coming back from visiting my folks yesterday I generally watch a couple places around the Clermont area that typically have lower prices if there are any. I saw a couple of 3.84's a couple of 3.85's but then all of a sudden... $3.76!! WOW... I whipped in and even though I only needed about 6 gal, I grabbed em. Now directly across Hwy 27 there was a station with $3.96 per gal. The one I stopped at was running in the 3.90 range when I passed on the way down. Don't have an explanation but suspect that they had a shipment on the way and too much inventory so they dropped the price. That use to happen years ago a good bit but it hasn't happened lately. I sure hope that is the reason. It would be encouraging to know that folks are cutting back enough to make that kind of difference. If some of those tank trucks have to start returning with fuel onboard it would send a very clear message. ..... (that noise you just heard was a grumpy ole man stumbling down off the box)
"Good Judgement" comes from experience, ... and a lot of that..... results from "Bad Judgement".
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

$3.95 here for unleaded...looks like cheap gas to me :-?
BAD BEHAVIOR
Site Sponsor

Post by BAD BEHAVIOR »

Excuse me while I pull up my soapbox. Ive been harping on this exact thing for three months now. The stores are taking advantage of the consumers. I dont mind capitalism but if everyone had to buy a sofa and you could only buy it form my stores and I decided to mark it up 200% more than usual, I think Id probably hear about it. I dont know the solution but I have one question. Why is the gas at Murphy OIl in Cairo in front of Walmart 20-30 cents cheaper than everywhere else?? I mean a block down the road the BP has it posted for 30 cent / gallon more yet people still buy gas there. Do people just not look at what they are paying at the pump?? I dont know but it doesnt make sense. Just my .02.
A wise person pays attention to correction that will improve his life...... Proverbs 15:31 ICB <")))))>*<

TEAM BAD BEHAVIOR
GC
Site Sponsor

Post by GC »

We bought diesel in GA for $4.85/gallon near Thomasville and saw it at the Crawfordville wal-mart for $4.49/gallon.
flatpicker
Site Sponsor

Post by flatpicker »

jsuber wrote:Why are Thomasville gas prices so high with a lowest price of $3.87?
The short answer. GREED! :smt011
A bowl of oatmeal tried to stare me down, and won!
jsuber
Site Sponsor

Post by jsuber »

Dixie Mafia!

I've heard some rumors about distributors but have nothing but word of mouth to back up those rumors.
bbb

Post by bbb »

First time I've ever hit 3 digits at a gas station without a boat behind me. :thumbdown: Worst part is, the tank will be empty come Friday morning.
I'll have a gas friendly commuter before next month.

Redbelly
Site Sponsor

Post by Redbelly »

jsuber wrote:Dixie Mafia!

I've heard some rumors about distributors but have nothing but word of mouth to back up those rumors.

There have been some rumors.

I fill up when I hit 1/2 tank, doesn't psyche me out as bad.
Work 2 fish 4 days

1988 vintage 1436 Fisher Jon
1992 vintage 15 hp Merc
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

Redbelly wrote:I fill up when I hit 1/2 tank, doesn't psyche me out as bad.
I have been doing that as well... plus it's hurricane season I always try to keep everything full from now til October
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

Diesel was cheaper in Thomasville than Valdosta 3 weeks ago, but more expensive a week ago...go figure.
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
Redbelly
Site Sponsor

Post by Redbelly »

I figure dey is makin' lotsa money!!
Work 2 fish 4 days

1988 vintage 1436 Fisher Jon
1992 vintage 15 hp Merc
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

No sheet....I saw a FWC officer in a new Jeep Liberty this afternoon....new one painted up in FWC colors and markings :smt005

dolphinatic
Advertising Sponsor

Post by dolphinatic »

Our parking patrol here in Tally has got some nice new Jeeps too....I hear they are wanting to raise parking fines too :roll:
Last edited by dolphinatic on May 28th, 2008, 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof." Proverbs 18:21

Team BevisRealty.com
jsuber
Site Sponsor

Post by jsuber »

If everyone slowsw down to conserve their fuel, what will the local yocals do that depend on speeders to subsidize their budgets. A lot of small towns that extend their boundaries to state roads and interstates are going to be hurting pretty bad.

If fuel cost continue to rise, the auto industry will develop new technologies and then everyone will be wanting to buy the new 60 mpg cars and unable to sell their 16 mpg trucks.

Maybe there will be renewed interest in Public transportation with Elevated trains down the medians of the highways and interstates. It would be nice to see one from Albany to Tallahassee, spoke out to different directions and extend to Crawfordville. Then folks could leave their boats at Marinas and take the train from Georgia to go fishing.